Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello! My name is Sherilyn and I hail from the United States.

I have been stalking this site for a few weeks and have finally gotten myself an account. I am a map enthusiast and have aspirations to someday become a cartographer. At this time I am working in a real estate office as the "mapper". I overlay maps onto aerial views using the PLSS. I love my job and love getting to work with maps all day.

The deeper I got into this love affair, the more I wanted to create my own maps. I am not skilled at drawing whatsoever. I took an art class once and was told I would be better suited to art history. My preferred form of fine art expression was always music anyway. Because of this I hit a brick wall with designing maps. I felt stuck and would look stare longingly at some maps I had purchased from a festival, wishing I could do that.

Then I discovered this forum and everything changed. I read through a lot of posts and found CC3+. Purchased it this morning and have already had a blast just working through the tutorial they offer. What a game changer! I'm really excited to get to crafting worlds.

I'm looking forward to getting to know other map crazy people and hopefully learn from all of the amazing cartographers here!

Thanks

Hello Sherilyn - Welcome to the Guild

Its great to hear that you are getting on so well with CC3.

I use CC3 as well, along with an assorted range of other software. There are lots of us here at the Guild, and I'm sure you will meet quite a few over time.

If you want to show progress with a map and get support and advice on it as you go, the place to start a thread is in the relevant sub-forum of the Mapmaking Discussion & Philosophy (WIP/Critique) forum here. Finished maps go in the Finished Maps forum here.
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-25-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Hi Sherilyn

Welcome, let us learn together
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Praise Hi!

Hi Sherilyn

You have a cool interest! I think it's cool you finally joined the site! I just joined too! Let's map together!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild Sherilyn - lovely that you wanna get better at map making - we'll have you making those festival maps soon ... when you're ready - make a WIP post and get help and critique as you work
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise