Thread: Greetings!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map Greetings!

Hello!

I found this forum yesterday and became interested in perusing it for information. Why? Well, I'll fill you in!

I'm currently working on a novel and had a preliminary map that I drew for it about 11 years ago. I read a lot of fantasy books and love their maps, and I was inspried to create a detailed one on my own.

What first started as a redraw of the original map became an update. I not only redrew and inked the original design but zoomed out to include a whole continent. I read through some of the threads here before doing so and I used some images found on google for tips on how to draw certain terrains on a fantasy map. I'm presently trying to download gimp to add colour.

Anyway, I like drawing and writing and I love maps, so I hope to get some feedback here and just share my interest.

On a different note, I'm a novel enthusiast and love the outdoors. I am currently in Japan teaching English and enjoying life! Looking forward to getting to know you!

~yukunerk
    Last edited by Yukunerk Kay West; 06-28-2017 at 07:00 AM.

welcome

there is for sure much help and tutorials here if one digs in old threads
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Welcome to the guild! Looking forward to seeing your maps.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild - I'm sure we can help you get your map ready for publishing. Make a WIP-thread to work in, then you can get help and critique .. also be sure to check out our many tutorials
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise