Thread: CG meetup at GenCon 2017?

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Question CG meetup at GenCon 2017?

Hey guys! =)

Why this?
    The publisher I work for is at GenCon 2017 in Indianapolis and I will be there, too. This is a huge deal for me, since this is on the other side of the world and I only visited the States once before in 2004, over 10 years ago. I don't know when or if I will be there again, so I thought about this a bit. A few years ago, I wouldn't have thought it would be possible for me to once visit GenCon at all...

What?
    I hope to meet some of you guys there. This threads principle function is to provide a place people interested in going have a chance to see who is there, too. To get together, I would be willing to organize a bit. The overarching problem I have is this: Since I'm there with my publisher and will be live-drawing and signing there, I'm somewhat location-bound during the main events and during the day. It's true that I'm hard to miss when standing (I'm over 6'4), but it will be so big that this really isn't something I can rely on to be found if someone wants to. But we have two options:

1. We can meet up at a specific date and time a defined place. Most likely this would be after the event after halls closed and just get together, grab a drink or something to eat and talk.
    2. I gather phone numbers, add everyone interested in being there in a WhattsApp-Group and we can do anything else on each ones own terms while this is going on in Indianapolis.

Generally let me know what you think of this idea, I somewhat got the sense something like this hasn't happened before and this might just be the event it is most likely that the most people would actually be for something like this.
    Best wishes, Steffen =)
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 06-30-2017 at 06:56 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Steffen, I would LOVE to go to GenCon sometime, but this year I can't do it, unfortunately. My vacations are already set and I can't change them at this point. Maybe next year?

For me, sadly, this will be highly unlikely in 2018. :/
    But sure, feel free to continue this - hopefully starting - tradition. =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think now would be a good time to consider doing t-shirts. I won't make it this year but perhaps next year. But we could do a test run of t-shirts for the con if anyone would be interested?

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I'd be interested. And yes, if there are actually people coming, this would be very cool =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.