Thread: Another set of caverns

Map Another set of caverns

Got bored at work this morning and wanted to try a couple of things out for doing caverns etc.

This I whipped up in about 40 mins using Ps CS4 with just a mouse, the lasso tool and a couple of brushes.

Probably won't do anymore to it; if I were doing one for real I would draw it properly with different levels, waterways, obstacles etc. This was just to get the basics.

What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caverns.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	97272
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected flyenemu's Avatar

Damonjynx,

For only 40 minutes of work I feel you did quite well! I know I wouldn't have been able to draw an outline in that time, let alone something this far along. There are a few places where the lack of time shows in the work (some places where the grid was rubbed out by a blending brush, or where the bold lines of the walls don't quite match up), but given another 30 minutes or so and you could fix all that with ease. The structure itself offers an interesting and inspiring canvas to build from, and I enjoy how the asymmetrical layout branches off at the bottom of the map. My trouble with most cave-themed battle maps is the conflict between natural feel of the cave's nonlinear wall structure, and the ridged layout of a battle map's grid. This has nothing to do with your specific work, and is more of a generalized personal bias. Thank you for sharing.
    An error has occurred while loading "Witty and/or Inspirational D&D Quote" and must close. Please try again later.

*(As Soon As I Finish Working On My Truck I Shall Begin Working On A Map Of My Own To Share)*