Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In A Canyon

Map In A Canyon

Done on this one, I worked on arches and other rock formations-like the way the shadows help define the form. My trees are getting a better, but still much work on those.

Didn't add any highlight on this one. Thought the bright sun, with strong shadows worked well, but maybe could have used a little highlighting

Not sure I did the tributaries justice, these were more drainage, than flowing water. I didn't depict these appropriately.

No scale on map, but about 7 sq. miles. (11.27 sq km)

Here's the thread to the original wip. https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=38268

Comments welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigBend_Utah12.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	97434

This looks amazing. Great job, snodsy.

I love this new style of yours Snodsy

Brilliant map - real depth and easy visualisation of the 3D model in my head. Great colours, and the landscape cropped to a beautiful composition

Another great map from you. Would be better with highlights, but i understand that sometimes you just want to be done with the map
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Vey cool style! Very 3-dimensional, yet with a nice hand-drawn feel. I like the somewhat muted colors. Great job!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I have to second the praise the others have given you. Wonderful composition and execution there.

Thanks guys for all the reps and encouragement, appreciate it. Going to make my way across the southern utah/arizona deserts one way or another. Been looking at Monument Valley as possible next one, would like to do an indian village in the canyons, so doing some research now. This top down topo style suits my squiggly line work.

It's a gorgeous map, Snodsy. I think you found an excellent combination between your linework and the shadows. The kind of map I would love to see in a touristic brochure of a park/reserve .

Thanks Ilanthar
    Hopefully one day I will have one in a tourist brochure. I think this style taken from a base topo map really adds character to the setting and helps depict the area so much better than a topo only, hopefully someone will see that and give me a commission

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast