Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 2017 Entry: A gallery in the Palace of Vithmunda, in a distant kingdom.

Thanks Diamond That's a picture of an English actor and comedian I like named Rik Mayall. He was great.

I'm glad I can surprise you Mouse. Hopefully I haven't now exhausted my imagination stockpile. Next up, Space Victorians! Dang. I lost it...

Hi all,

I think I'm finished. Barring any typos or minor changes I guess.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vith.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	97732

I might post the images and inspiration for some of the elements I've used to create this in a few days or so but for now I'm done.

I had a blast making this and it was a welcome distraction from my stupidly big city map

I know it's a bit wordy but hopefully you find it funny and pick up on a few of the easter eggs. Thanks again for having a look.

OMG, Weery!

Um... you do know, don't you, that if you win this (which is more than just a remote possibility), you'll never be able to enter a single Lite Challenge - except for fun?

I think that is brilliant use of photo mashing or bashing, or whatever the kids are calling it these days. I wish I could do stuff like that but I've never been able. I remember in art school these people who were great at just using found junk to make really interesting sculptures and always wanting to be able to do that. Instead I just collect junk I find interesting and do everything from scratch

Thanks Mouse for even considering this might have a chance! I'm not so sure I agree with you I hadn't known that about the Lite Challenges but I don't really think I need to worry too much about it this time anyway. Maybe next time Or not

Thanks so much Falconius. I call it photo manipulation which I've taken from reading about how concept artists work (but I wouldn't rely on me to be down with what ever lingo the 'kids' are using!).

I read in another thread how you view the challenges as a means of experimenting. I agree and that's exactly how I approached this challenge. I usually take forever to draw anything (especially using traditional media) so I gave myself the challenge of having something finished by month's end with no starting concept. You can see here on my DA page http://weerywyse.deviantart.com/ that when I draw with pencil it tends to take me anywhere north of 30 hours to produce something which is okay but has no artistic merit, style and is guaranteed 100% derivative. You can also see some more of my photo manipulation which I generally use for fun as it's quick and straight forward once you know how.

But I thought this challenge might give me a chance to produce something original and complete. I knew I would only have a chance to do this using photo-manipulation as I don't currently have a working pen and tablet (do not hand your pen to an 18 month old to use as a drumstick. Seriously, there's a circuit board in there :O) and I don't really have a lot of free time (due to aforementioned 18 month old and his 4 month old sister).

But aside from the main image, background image and picture of Klamidius Leer everything else has been created by me The whole concept was something that developed as I found new inspirations and obstacles in working with the image. And it was a welcome distraction from the main body of work I'm struggling to complete. Hopefully I'll have time to post the original images and explain how they drove the project in certain directions.

Thanks again for having a look and commenting

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Weery, this is fantastic! There are sci-fi shows with entire FX departments that don't come up with anything this cool. I'm glad you shared your approach to this challenge, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12