Thread: New DM looking for all kinds of maps with no deadline

Guild Apprentice

Default New DM looking for all kinds of maps with no deadline

Hey there fellow cartographers. I've come today to request several different maps of which will be used in a D&D campaign of epic proportions.
    The goal here is to create a world so rich and alive that my players will honestly enjoy the game world more than real life XD. As it is i'm currently working on some of the maps myself but as it turns out attempting to set up the campaign and draw all the maps is a lot of work, so i'm looking to outsource. Now i know that a lot of times unpaid projects don't get taken but i'm hoping due to the loose terms and lack of a real deadline somebody looking to expand on their portfolio or improve their work will be willing to take this. Now into the juicy parts.

Subject:
    As i mentioned i'm looking for several different maps, Scale of which doesn't have to be consistent, Though i suppose most of what i'm looking for is city maps, as those are the maps I've been having the hardest time with and possibly some wilderness and battle maps.
    As for the city maps almost anything would be fine, for the most part i'm looking for a top down city map with buildings drawn in and visible roads/alleyways, but other than that detail isn't incredibly important, some of the towns/cities i have very specific layouts in mind, but most are entirely free for interpretation and creativity.
    edit: i should probably mention the setting here is a medieval high fantasy that takes points from renaissance history, just so everybody knows i'm not looking for modern maps.

Style:
    Style of these maps doesn't have to be anything specific, they could even have differing styles from map to map, so long as they are functional, i'd even take hand drawn drafts if that's your style.

Quality and Size:
    This is the most difficult request here because the maps have to be functional, so too small of a map could lead to trouble but the maps don't have to be massive in order to be functional. As for dpi, i'd prefer mid to high level quality but once again so long as it's functional it doesn't necessarily have to look amazing.

Time Constraints:
    the current campaign i'm playing should last for the next six months approximately, i'd prefer to have at least a few city maps by that point in addition to the maps i'm working on. So any time before January of next year is great for me since that is approximately when i plan to start my campaign.

Copyright:
    The artist will retain all rights to their art including commercial purposes, I will be allowed to use the map for non-commercial purposes only and will provide advertisement to the artist's page(s) if requested.

Contact Details:
    You can message me here on the Cartographer's Guild, or Email me at apestilence1(at)gmail(dot)com for additional information

Bonus:
    if any world mappers are looking at this there is also a world map that is up for grabs, whether or not i use it however depends upon quality and style.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
    -P
    Last edited by Pestilence; 07-13-2017 at 12:08 PM.

I'm currently working on some D&D maps of my own, world maps mainly at the moment but I have a lot of settlement maps to get through too later on so I could do with the practice
    How many maps do you think you'll need? Are you starting basically from scratch here?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Guild Apprentice

Hi there Xander, thanks for replying. To be honest i'm not exactly sure how many maps i need, as i'm planning a base world at the moment, and then was going to allow it to grow around the players by giving them several unmarked locations off to the sides of my regional map that they may be further inclined to travel to if their curiosity so inclines them. This leaves much of my world up for grabs, and allows my project the freedom of creativity that comes so often with the beautiful minds in this guild. To start off with i'm thinking a general area would do fine, 3 main cities and a few small towns as well as several wilderness battle maps, Please note that i myself am also working to map some of the areas required by my project so the workload might not be this massive. As of currently, i'm working on one of the cities i need, leaving two of the main cities up for grabs, and i have a rather specific design in mind for one of the small towns i need done but other than that everything is subject to your own views and creativity, please email me if you have more questions or if you're interested in accepting this job, Because of the massiveness of this project i won't close it immediately as there is a lot more work to be done than just a few maps, so if multiple people would like to apply i'm sure i could find extra work for them as well.
    you can find my email address above, or i'll post it again here, remember to replace the (at) with @ and the (dot) with .
    apestilence1(at)gmail(dot)com
    thank you again for replying Xander and should you choose to accept the job i look forward to working together
    -P

Hey Pestilence, I sent you an email regarding the job

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk