Thread: Imanginary Caribbean Island [WIP]

Post Imanginary Caribbean Island [WIP]

Please comment and enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	97539  

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

At first glance your handwriting was a turn-off, but as I looked longer its clear to me that it really adds to the map! I like it, simple and characteristic. Overall I enjoy looking at this, what is some of the context for this island (obviously in our world)? Love how the cities are done (albeit a bit messy) but the addition of little buildings instead of just a big dot where the city it really really makes this island seem more real and developed. Keep mapping!

Also, try adding a second level of squiggles (with fewer squiggles on the second level) for your coastlines. Might make the coasts a little more alive.

Thanks you for your encouragement

I like the handwriting

Is this a finished map, CT? The reason I ask is that I was looking generally at your work, and you have started quite a few threads in the regional mapping forum which might seem to be finished B/W hand drawn line maps.

If you have a whole load of finished maps stacking up quite quickly you might want to put them all together in one Finished Maps thread here, where they will get more attention

(The reason I suggest grouping them into one thread is because there are quite a few)

Thank you will keep that in mind