Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi I have a question about ranking and leveling please answer if you can help.

Don't worry guys, I've never been all too much about the rep, as I'm far more concerned about trying to nab shiny compasses, Arrrr! But I do admit it was something to look forward to.

Hey, while we're here, didn't we use to have a like button? I think that any lack of it has made us good at written feedback, but perhaps it'd be something to consider reviving...
    ...I bet you've talked about it already amongst yourselves haha

I would vote against it. We already have rep system. Adding new things has simply no sense. In the end we will be reping, pushing like, commenting.... how many times do we have to say "yes i like it" I think once in comment is enough. Besides Like button will probably makes people lazy. Instead of even once sentence comment they will just push like.... is what i suspect. I preffer commenting.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I... 'like' that comment, Voolf

btw - guys, if you want to like/love at least some of the finished maps, you can always visit the Guild Facebook page

I agree with Voolf about the Like button. The point of a forum is discussion and I feel a Like button negates that. It's far too easy to simply click 'Like' and move on without leaving a comment. That's not beneficial to the Guild as a whole.

Also, I don't think a Like button is part of vBulletin's core functionality either, so you're relying on 3rd party plug-ins which can cause problems in the long run if the developer stops working on it (I think we had this issue with an SEO plug-in).
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

You're right. A like button would be fun for the first half hour, but not really very useful for people who are seriously looking for help with something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123