Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interactive Resurgence Maps

In addition to all of his other work, Ilanthar has been busy producing maps of planets in the Muntilfoeri system.
    See https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=39669

Creating interactive versions of those maps has been lagging somewhat, but below is a screengrab showing one of the maps along with its rotating globe.

My plan for the Mundilfoeri Addon for Celestia is that it'll be its own separate download, viewable either standalone or accompanying and interacting with the previous Resurgence Addon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture_002_21112017_064036.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	422.3 KB 
ID:	101516
    Selden

I'm pretty sure you'll find a solution for the lagging thing .
    The screengrab looks good.

Herewith: interactive maps of the Mundilfoeri planetary system, an Addon for Celestia.

MundilfoeriMaps_v09.zip (80 MB)

This Addon for Celestia can be used "standalone" without having the previous Resurgence Addon installed. It also will cooperate with the previous Addon if both are installed.

Unlike the Resurgence Addon, I didn't try to optimize its surface texture images (which take up most of the space) by converting them to DDS DXT format.

It's v0.9 because I suspect there are glitches that I haven't noticed. Please let me know of any problems you encounter.
    Selden

Ilanthar's maps include several elements which are just begging to be made 3D and interactive.

For example, there's an icon in the bottom border which represents the power source for the navigation system.

Name:	BatteryIcon.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	509.1 KB 
ID:	102352

Here's my attempt to provide that power source:

ZeusBattery_v09.zip (1MB expands to 2MB)

The device's control panel includes some warnings which are probably best heeded....

Like the previous Addon, this is v0.9 because there probably are some glitches that I've overlooked. Please don't hesitate to let me know what could be improved. Also, like the previous Addon, it can be installed stand-alone or along with the previous Resurgence Addons.

Edited to add:

Sorry for my typo. I've corrected the link above.
    Last edited by selden; 12-19-2017 at 07:28 AM. Reason: fix mis-named URL
    Selden

I've tested the system, and it works fine for me . I'm gonna test the battery (curious about what you did here )

I've updated the ZeusBattery Addon to improve the explosion and the contrast in the backdrop of the instructions.

ZeusBattery_v095.zip (3.5MB expands to 4.2MB)
    Selden

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Had no idea celestia was still round..

"Resurgence Framework" implements some of the controls shown along the bottom edge of the maps.

ResurgenceFramework_v09.zip (2MB expands to 3MB)

It includes a few simple tasks that the user can interact with, like getting the communication system to work.
    Like the other Resurgence Addons, it works standalone or in conjunction with the others.

Name:	framework_icons.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	102701

Name:	comm_fail.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	575.9 KB 
ID:	102702
    Selden

I'm trying to implement something reasonable for another of the buttons on Illanthar's Resurgence maps.

The second button in the bottom row will be providing access to the status of the Neosol system's communication network.

Individual comm buoys cover quite a large area and include engines for station keeping. (i.e. their coverage cells don't move around.)

Name:	CommCoverage.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	346.4 KB 
ID:	103044

Some adjustments in scale factors seem to be appropriate.

Labels and status panels will follow.
    Selden

The preliminary Framework, Power and Mundilfoeri map Addons have all been updated. The Framework has increased dramatically in size to support additional interactions with the communication system used in the Neosol stellar system. They all work individually or in cooperation with each other and/or the original Resurgence Addon.

I consider these to be "beta" releases: I think they've ready to be officially published, but would like others to test them for bugs or problems that I might have overlooked.

1. MundilfoeriMaps_v097.zip (45 MB, expands to 68 MB, updated 16:30 EST, 19 Jan '18 )
    -- Adds maps of the Mundilfoeri planetary system.

2. ZeusBattery_v097.zip (3.4 MB, expands to 4.2 MB, updated 16:30 EST, 19 Jan '18 )
    -- Adds a battery to the Resurgence maps. v0.95 improves backdrop and explosion.

3. ResurgenceFramework_v097.zip (19 MB, expands to 37 MB, updated 16:30 EST, 19 Jan '18 )
    -- Adds several control icons at the bottom of the maps, in addition to some control over the things they display.
    This includes elements of the Neosol Communication network.

Below are screengrabs of some of what is included in the updated Framework Addon. See earlier posts for images from the Mundilfoeri and Power Addons.

Name:	framework_all.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	103514
    Framework cooperating and interacting with the original Resurgence Addon and with the Zeus Battery Addon.

Name:	framework_3dmap_1.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	1,021.6 KB 
ID:	103512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	framework_3dmap_2.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	1,013.6 KB 
ID:	103513
    3D maps of the NeoSol communication network as provided in the Framework Addon.

Name:	framework_buoy.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	103515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	framework_comm.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	658.8 KB 
ID:	103516
    Control pages for the Neosol communication devices: a buoy used by the network and an interface to control the local connection to it.
    Last edited by selden; 01-19-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Selden

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123