Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adiministrative office for magic sightings

Turns out better ^^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	office of magic regulation3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	9.10 MB 
ID:	97945

Why not try some contrast and brightness on top of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	office of magic regulation3.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	6.98 MB 
ID:	97946
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 07-26-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Oh yes

Are you just about ready to call this one finished?

Im getting bored with it for sure. And the horrible lag in photoshop, I dont know why it always end up there.

I think I am yes, waited for input before posting.

Only major problem with it is the top floor misses furnitures whilst the other have them.

I wonder if I should keep out furniture in the future. Many seem to draw empty dungeons and castles and it looks very good. Its just that I accidentally add some elements that later look weird when being by themselves, so I have to fill it up with even more furnitures.

I dont know where a good balance is.
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 07-26-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

I suppose the balance lies in what you personally are happy with. If you feel the map is crowded, then take it out, or if you think the map is empty, then add some more. It's like painting the sky. How many and what kind of clouds there are in a landscape painting is up to the painter, and nobody else. There aren't any right or wrong skies, but the mood of the sky will speak volumes about the (pardon the pun) 'atmosphere' of the painting, or the mood of the painter at the time.

I've only done one building myself, and that was crammed with furniture on the ground floor, moderately furnished on the second floor, and had no furniture at all on the third floor. It wasn't finished anyway. I stopped before I got there for various different reasons, but the state it ended up in reflected the fact that most of the story (its one of my novel illustrations) takes place on the ground and first floor, so my vision of what they look like is much clearer than for the rest of the building

Really nice map, great colors and contrast.

Regarding furniture, some people like plain empty rooms and others (myself included) like fully populated maps.

The thing most likely slowing down photoshop is if you have a lot of layers. To speed things up, start flattening out the layers once you are sure you like where things are.

For future consideration, while the map looks great, it is to small to use as a battlemap for either VTT or printing. My standard minimum is 1 inch = 5ft at 100 dpi.

You are right.

The top floor looks good being empty as it is, will see if empty buildings works out in the future. Important part now is speed for me : )

Good pun there. I think my pun back before from the start went unnoticed, saw it as a solid post : P

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=38189
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 07-26-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Thank you Bogie. You are a value for the guild for sure.

I could upload each level separately for print versions maybe. The photoshop file has lots of them dpi, 300 mi thinks.

By flattening layers you mean merging? I done lots of mergings. Not enough probably.
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 07-26-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Well I hope you don't think mice are such a problem around here any more

Looks like you were busy responding to my post when Bogie made his post above yours. We call that ninjaing around here

Unfortunately, Bogie has pointed out that the maps are too small for practical use, but I wouldn't take it as any kind of a loss. With each map we make we learn a whole bundle of stuff, which makes all the future ones better (and faster)

I fully expect you are busy ninjaing me, responding to Bogie right now, but most people around here are clever enough to work out for themselves what order a thread should be read in.

There is an alternative to merging layers that ChickPea pointed out to me when I was working on the Hanging Gardens of Magrael, and that is to export a jpg and open that up as a new version to work on. If what you do in the new version means that you need to change something in the previous version, you can always go back to that previous version and re-export a new jpg to import into the current version. If the image is very complicated you can always have several stages, but since there will always be at least one of the versions with the relevant layers still kept as separate layers, nothing is ever lost beyond hope. You just have to remember which layers were last expressed as separate layers in which version.

Mice are great. Meant nothing by the post.

When I came to the guild I saw you being the face to all the new ones so I laid a trap to be one step ahead and reference you before you could welcome me ; )

I use a single table from the old djinn furniture resource forum, which also bogie uploaded once in a thread.

The foliage is not my work from the start, its free to use as far as I saw.

A few textures also from texture site.

Rest should be my work through and through.

Posted in finished section

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=38668
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Aaaah.... ah-ha

There are loads of things available on the new Mapforge forum if you want a bit more variety.

The conditions of use are here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12