Well I hope you don't think mice are such a problem around here any more

Looks like you were busy responding to my post when Bogie made his post above yours. We call that ninjaing around here

Unfortunately, Bogie has pointed out that the maps are too small for practical use, but I wouldn't take it as any kind of a loss. With each map we make we learn a whole bundle of stuff, which makes all the future ones better (and faster)

I fully expect you are busy ninjaing me, responding to Bogie right now, but most people around here are clever enough to work out for themselves what order a thread should be read in.

There is an alternative to merging layers that ChickPea pointed out to me when I was working on the Hanging Gardens of Magrael, and that is to export a jpg and open that up as a new version to work on. If what you do in the new version means that you need to change something in the previous version, you can always go back to that previous version and re-export a new jpg to import into the current version. If the image is very complicated you can always have several stages, but since there will always be at least one of the versions with the relevant layers still kept as separate layers, nothing is ever lost beyond hope. You just have to remember which layers were last expressed as separate layers in which version.