Thread: Homebrew world, Six continents

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default (Taken) Homebrew world, Six continents

Hello! My name is Jaden Blanton, DM of three D&D games and I am working on a setting that I can work on gathering maps for and having as a setting I can relax with. I am currently using this same setting for its strange diversity, though I am unfamiliar with the way commissioning art goes, I am a terrible drawer and would like to provide my players better! I am really not a picky guy, and I have very few requests for these maps, which I will get to now.

Overall I have six maps I would like done, a world map, and six continental maps. The styles can all be different, so sectioning different maps to different individuals would be fine. proportions and such for the world and continental maps I would like to generally follow this image:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	98041

The continent names are labeled over each landmass designated. The name of the world is called Diversium. If possible, I don't have any cities planned out on the map, but it's something I would like to talk about for the continental maps just to have on there, buildings or tags or dots or whatever. If not, that's fine too. Terrain and such can be discussed. I have not gone indepth on that myself, so Artist's choice or a discussion can be made via Email or other messaging service.

World Map: The ocean in this world is a very dangerous place, mappers may if they so wish work upon that if they want. Preferably pirate like themed imagery (Intercontinental travel doesn't occur legally)
    Astroa: This would be a typical fantasy continent. I would prefer the map to be more bright and colorful, mountains and fields, hills and greenery.
    Ewuth: This is an Oriental themed Continent, very feudal in nature. It's a bit more of a darker landscape, though filled mostly with forests and jungles that have been chopped down to make space for the cities.
    Vliayeron: Steampunk(ish?), smog in the air, quarries, large cities. Think gunpowder mixed with minor magic. They are around a technology of Flintlock pistols and more autonomous creations.
    Viqera: Middle-eastern like fantasy, deserts, and oases. Very bland colors besides royalty.
    Icroa: Riddled with swamps and a darker atmosphere. This would be your lovecraftian/Dark Fantasy genre. City in the middle surrounded by black obelisks, really tall.
    The Four Gates: This is a strange one, as it should be split into four different ideas for this singular continent. Fire, Earth, Water, and Air control their own portion of this domain, so I would like to work with the artist to work that in somehow.
    I would prefer no signatures on the versions I obtain, but can be placed later.

I would prefer to get the World Map and Icroa finished first as those are what I am using currently. Prices are to be determined, I have never commissioned images so I have no idea on pricing and I will just pray that I don't get scammed. As for Copyright, the artist can have it, as long as I would be able to use it for my own means obviously (Can be talked over as well).

You can contact me at: Blazenjaden||at||yahoo.com (Replace "at" with @, and remove all ||'s.

Thank you very much for reading this! I hope you, the reader, is interested! I don't have much in term of time restraints, as again, I am not a very picky guy.

EDIT!!! I totally forgot to post I would use this for online use, the website known as Roll20, so if possible I would like it to be able to scale or big enough to be visible when made decently smaller on the platform! Thank you!!!

(Unable to find how to change Paid to Paid - Taken, so I am doing my best to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by Jaden Blanton; 08-05-2017 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Taken

Guild Novice

Hey Jaden, I'd be willing to give your maps a crack! The album of my work most likely to be of use is here.

If you're interested, my email is milescaraker(at)gmail.com

Has this request been fulfilled? If so I'll go ahead and archive this thread.