Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** August/September 2017 Two Month Summer Challenge Special ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** August/September 2017 Two Month Summer Challenge Special ***

Okay everybody, we are going to do a two month long challenge! The idea is courtesy of Straf, who suggested that we run a Challenge where we combine themes from Challenges past. Here's the way it will work:

--Below, you'll find two lists, the first made up of 12 Regular Challenges from years past, and the second list made up of 6 Lite Challenges.

--Pick TWO Regular Challenges and ONE Lite Challenge. What you pick is entirely up to you, as long as you choose 2 Regular and 1 Lite.

--Combine your three picks to create a map. How you combine them and what type of map you end up with is entirely up to you, BUT where the "challenge" part of the Challenge comes in is that you must follow all of the guidelines that were laid down in the original Challenges.

--Choose wisely!

REGULAR CHALLENGES
    An Invitation to Remember
    Urban Mapping
    Lost in Space
    A Political Map
    Trading
    Filling a Gap in Time and Space
    In the Beginning: A Campaign Starter
    Submerged
    Local Map
    Map a Mountain Location
    Gothic Horror
    Turning It on Its Side

LITE CHALLENGES
    Gold
    The Waste Land
    Fun With Isometrics
    A Garden
    Built on a Word
    Verticality

As always:

1) Title your entry threads like this: August/September 2017 Challenge: << your title >>
    2) Don't forget to use the ### Latest WIP ### hashtag before each of your work-in-progress pictures

As stated, this mega-challenge will run TWO months, not one, ending at around 9PM Pacific time on Saturday, 30 September.

The winner this time around wins a twice-as-thick Golden Compass, the cheers and adulation of the Guild, and a cyberhug from me. Or a cyberhandshake, if a hug is too creepy.

Special Note:

A HUGE thanks is due to ChickPea, who did the heavy lifting of compiling a kick-butt spreadsheet master list of challenges. This Guild would be far poorer without you!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Hello !

I just want to know it I understood correctly the rules...

For example :

If I choose : "Urban mapping" and "campagn starter" in the regular challenge, I must use the little map that was given for "urban challenge" and make it the starting place of a campaigne.
    And then, if I choose : "fun with isometric", I must draw this map in perspective.

Am I right with those ?

That's it exactly! You've got to adhere as closely as you can to the original set(s) of rules for each challenge. That may not be completely practical, but get as close as you can. In the end, the voters will decide if you succeeded or not.

Hmmm....

I will have to think about this one, for sure....

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hmm, this one has me interested. If I can use Urban, Campaign starter, and Isometric, it would be great.
    Last edited by XCali; 08-04-2017 at 05:04 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Is it ok to have several instances of (for example) Filling a gap in space and time, D?

I mean in combination with one more Regular Challenge idea, and a Lite Challenge idea...

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Hmm, this one has me interested. If I can use Urban, Campaign starter, and Isometric, it would be great.
    You can pick any two Regular + any one Lite you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Is it ok to have several instances of (for example) Filling a gap in space and time, D?

I mean in combination with one more Regular Challenge idea, and a Lite Challenge idea...
    I don't see why not. You just have to, at minimum, include two Regular + one Lite. If you want to multiply it, fine by me. You glutton for punishment, you!

Me? A glutton?

*VERY hastily shoves empty chocolate wrapper down side of desk, and tries to swallow bulging mouthful without choking*

I have this thing in my head right now that might work (or it might just kill me). I'll start a thread later on and see what you think

I've been looking forward to this starting for ages, and to seeing which challenges Diamond chose out of the rather massive list!

My initial ideas (which may well change) are An Invitation to Remember, along with Gothic Horror, and Fun with Isometrics. I'm thinking an invitation to a party at Count Dracula's castle, with an isometric drawing of the castle. That's based on a five minute perusal of the challenges, so I might decide on something else later. I love the idea of a fancy invitation though, and think I'd really like to include that one at least.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Extremely interesting, I'll definitely give this a try.
    Also are the listed challenges the only ones we can choose from?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast