Thread: The Northern Maze (Guildworld)

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Default The Northern Maze (Guildworld)

Hello !

I was really disappointed to have missed the move when the Guild World project started ... When I found out, all the countries had been booked.
    Fortunately, thanks to J. Edward and Redrobe, new countries were created at the end of April and I was able to get to work.
    As I said in this thread, I wanted to use the caterpillar method for relief. It's been a bit long and I was not sure what the result would be all through the process, but in the end it gives a certain style that I like. A bit like an atlas of the end of the 19th century.
    I was also helped for this map on this forum, especially for the forests.
    In the end, the map is probably a bit overloaded so that the names of the cities don't appear at first glance, but a complicated and mountainous terrain was also what I was looking for effect ...
    I must here apologize to all Finnish people (I think especially of Kelleri) for the use of their beautiful language for the names of the elements of the map. Maybe some will make you smile?

In any case, I am very happy to add my modest contribution to this wonderful project that is Guild World !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northern Maze 10.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	6.90 MB 
ID:	98357
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northern Maze 10.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	6.90 MB 
ID:	98260  
    Last edited by - JO -; 08-07-2017 at 01:13 PM. Reason: last corrections in the text

Excellent!

Congratulations - and what a piece!

I'm really sorry I repped your other map now! LOL!

Modest? It's awesome! Really nice job.

Edit: In your blurb it should read "They all want to be the one who finds the diamond." Although even that sounds slightly wonky. Perhaps a better sentence would be: "All of them want to be the one to find that diamond." Or "All of them want to be the one who finds that diamond for themselves."
    Last edited by Falconius; 08-05-2017 at 02:08 PM.

As i said before, this is one darn good map. You did great job with it.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Excellent!

Congratulations - and what a piece!

I'm really sorry I repped your other map now! LOL!
    Thanks Mouse ! You helped a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Modest? It's awesome! Really nice job.

Edit: In your blurb it should read "They all want to be the one who finds the diamond." Although even that sounds slightly wonky. Perhaps a better sentence would be: "All of them want to be the one to find that diamond." Or "All of them want to be the one who finds that diamond for themselves."
    Thanks ! I'll make the corrections

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    As i said before, this is one darn good map. You did great job with it.
    Thanks again !

Great idea, fantastic map!

I love the map. The colors are fantastic, and I think you really nailed the caterpillar style. Oh, and you sweet little you for the place names - it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy for some reason when people use my language <3 There are a few names that sound a bit strange to me, and a couple of what I'm assuming are typos, but honestly, Finnish is such a bitch of a language it's not surprising Nice work on this anyway, will rep if I can!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This one turned out very, very nice! I can only imagine the hours of work you must've put in those caterpillar ridges! But the result is wonderful. Already repped you for your City of Alirya map so I can't rep you for this one too....