Thread: map-making request

Default map-making request

Project Scope:
    Home Brew role-playing game setting I have developed over the past 15 years. Setting is very detailed, designed to be playable with D&D or pathfinder rules system. Anyone interested in reading some of the background info on the setting can visit my page at "Welcome to the World of Corwyn" on Wikidot. I am unskilled at computer-based map making and would much rather leave it to those who have the skill & talent. The "Continent of Corwyn" map is finished and was done beautifully (its attached below),

Unfortunately, my cartographer is no longer available, but the map she created based on my hand-drawings is view-able on my wiki site and here as well.

Setting:
    Fantasy world; the flavor is a cross between Tolkien, Greyhawk, and George martin

Design Concept:
    color and finish a pre-existing hand-drawn world map with only the outlines of five continents, in the style of an ancient parchment map, (I have attached copies of sample D&D map for reference)

Number of maps:
    One world map, but perhaps more if terms agreeable

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files
    color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer, except for use on my wiki. (this is NOT a commercial project, its for my personal RPG!!!)

Deadline:
    Flexible.

Payment:
    $100, payable via whatever method agreed upon. (paypal is fine)

Chris Bruneau
    crbruneau@gmail.com
    Please use subject line Corwyn MapsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Corwyn_Map.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	98439
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parchment Map SAMPLE.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	98438  
    Last edited by Mischa the Wise; 08-10-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Sorry if I misinterpret but I think I can spot a few issues in your demand.

You want a full color map but you talk about a world map with the outlines of five continents. Does it mean you just want the coastline or do you also want the map to show the forests and mountains ... ?

If you want a full map in full color, a hundred bucks is a pretty low payment for the time the map will take to be drawn. You also say you plan on using the map for a source-book and promotional materials, which means commercial use. I might be wrong but I think you propose way too few money for a semi-professional or professional work.

I am admittedly new here. But my request is pretty simply IMHO. I already have the map drawn, what I need is to simply color it parchment style ( i have seen a you-tube video on how this is done) Second, add a few words and symbols. please refer to the sample attached map; it has continent outlines only. based on your concerns, I edited the post to better reflect what I want) I look forward to your reply
    Last edited by Mischa the Wise; 08-10-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks for clarifying the parchment part and my bad for not understanding you wanted it in the style of the Toril map That's way more fair than what I imagined.
    If you want, you can go look at my portfolio here and if you like hat you see, shoot me a mail at this address : thomrey[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Guild Novice

Hey Chris, I'd be happy to work with you on this project! If anything in here interests you, please contact me either here or at my email, milescaraker(at)gmail.com

Posted job is taken