Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: unexplored Lands

Guild Novice Facebook Connected
    Blog Entries

I would like to thank everyone who has given advice to Kacey. I'm going to take that advice for my own map I have been working on the past 2 months. I feel like I need to start over with it, concerning my mountain placements now that tectonic plates have been debated about. I never considered them when looking at maps, or dreaming up my own maps. Seems I have a lot of work ahead of me. Thank you all again.

Kacey, I really love the coastline of the new map, but I love your fist map a little more. The shapes of your land masses look awesome.
    Last edited by xeyla; 12-22-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Hey Kacey

Here's that article I mentioned. You might need a coffee, it's a bit hard going...lol

http://www.fjords.com/what-is-a-fjord/

It goes beyond fjords to cover glacial erosion in general.

Happy reading...

PaGaN
    THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN ONE RIGHT ANSWER!

Hey Kacey!

Where you at???

please don't tell me that article i shared caused irreversible brain damage? (I came close...wine helped!)

LOL

PaGaN
    THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN ONE RIGHT ANSWER!

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PaGaN View Post
    Hey Kacey!

Where you at???

please don't tell me that article i shared caused irreversible brain damage? (I came close...wine helped!)

LOL

PaGaN
    No the article didn't cause brain damage, but the project was definitely pushing me into a complete and total mental breakdown so I had to set it aside for a while, plus I've had every single cold and flu imaginable go through my house this year. I don't remember the last time I could actually breath through my nose, but I think this is the first week in several months that I wasn't spending the majority of my time cleaning boogers off of tiny faces.

Since my last update I drew up another 4 world coasts, started the elevation on two of them but couldn't decide which one to go with. After that I started two challenges for a change of pace but decided not to enter them for fear of not finishing then came back to the project. After looking over the different base maps for a few days I was still undecided on the general layout so I started drawing up an entire solar system so that I didn't have to choose just one... Then I started reading about moons, now that may have caused some damage I'm still recovering from plate techtonics so I may have pushed it a bit too far.

I came up with about 3 full pages of possible names for the five planets, and the new moons and started thinking about races... since then I've been focusing all my free time on learning Zbrush and Mari for character creation, but I nearly through my computer across the room several times today trying to learn retopology so I came here for a little break, sorry it took so long to respond I've been neglecting the guild lately.

I'll get back to mapping eventually, but for now I just don't have anything mappy to show.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    ... plus I've had every single cold and flu imaginable go through my house this year. I don't remember the last time I could actually breath through my nose, but I think this is the first week in several months that I wasn't spending the majority of my time cleaning boogers off of tiny faces.
    We should start a club !

Oh no, sounds horrible, kacey (and Thomas)! I'll send you guys lots of good vibes and anti-viral and bacterial wishes. Hope you both will feel well asap!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617