Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August/September 2017 Challenge: Castle Drano & the City lost to the Tides

Default August/September 2017 Challenge: Castle Drano & the City lost to the Tides

The City of Drano, a port town to the north and one of the greatest in the country. It had an incredible amount of economic power and political power. That was, until something strange happened.
    Everything started at Castle Drano, where the lord and his family stayed. However, one day things started to become strange, the Drano never left their manner and the sea itself seemed as if it was becoming angry.
    It took only a week before what is known as the 'Catastrophe' happened, the entirety of the sea itself moved up in but an hours time. Due to this, it ended up swallowing most of the town, and even part of the Cathedral. This however was just the beginning, soon after with the civilians being pushed outside the safety of the walls due to the water, the roaming bandit bands attacked and many people lost their lives.
    It has been almost two decades since that has passed, and the city has not been repaired in the slightest; many other cities went down this route as well.
    The people who still live here make their residence on the top of still standing structures, and have makeshift bridges spanning them, with some living on higher ground.
    No one even dares to approach the castle, as strange things happen there nightly.

My themes:

-Submerged
    -Gothic Horror
    -Fun with Isometrics

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TMCquicksketch.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	98770
    (This is just a quick sketch for ideas, the layout is not permanent nor is the art. I'm going to focus on the castle and cathedral first and the town last, in case I don't finish in time.)

Oh this looks like fun

Looking forward to the progress

Nice start, I like the view.

Man, it has been hard to find time lately, I think i'll be able to find more time as soon as I finish making this modular dungeon set I've had in the works for the past month or so. Most of its done except the objects.
    (For example the 'cave in' object, and the fire)

And here's the latest update of some sorts:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	1fe6f9f289a034be42a2702d2a5db542.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	98843

The layout is done and the terrain is done as well (For now anyway.)
    Also earlier today I started to begin creating the objects for the castle. I also think I might axe the tower, also the sea level in this version has currently not 'rose' yet.
    (Yes, I am also doing 3D, as it is my forte and I take any excuse I can get to combine mapping and 3D )

Name:	6b6ecaa137e71071c871f420ac1812ad.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	98844
    A model of the basic tower, it's UV mapped any everything, I just need to get the others done and I can start texturing. I'll post the WIP textures here to see what you guys think.

(Pictures of the aforementioned modular dungeon set if you're interested.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f3242305b2643bd8fe4269dcd5d73d84.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	361.1 KB 
ID:	98841   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ecb00da94a3ebb46344832181f215e7b.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	98842  
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 08-27-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Very cool. Can't wait to see the texture work.

Very cool, indeed!

I agree - very cool

Looking good! Really interested to see your next update.

It's great to see more and more 3D maps, particularly in the challenges where people are willing to experiment a little. Shows that Guilders are always pushing themselves to try new things.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

@ChickPea
    That's one of the things I love about this place. A great community and a place where you are encouraged to push your skill to the max.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Blog Entries

This is cool ! Nearly a million faces in the scene tho wow I know if I did that my machine would crawl a bit. Eager to see how you might incorporate a modular dungeon into this. Would be super cool if anyone could do a modular 3D object set for fantasy cities. It would have to be a lot though to make it work... hmm not one I would volunteer for I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast