Thread: Seeking Cartographic Illustrator for Museum Project - Underground Railroad

Map Seeking Cartographic Illustrator for Museum Project - Underground Railroad

Hello. I'm seeking a professional map maker to assist with the creation of a series of underground railroad maps for a new museum project. The maps will show the progression of movement up the eastern US during the 1930-1850s. They will be move to finer levels of detail as they progress closer to Canada. The maps will need to feel appropriate to the period, but not try to convince viewers that they are actual historical maps. Digital art only and will be needed in production-ready, editable Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop formats. This is a paid project and will require working samples and a professional services contract based on a bid.

If you're interested please contact me for more information along with working samples.

Best,
    Seth Frankel, Principal
    Studio Tectonic (Boulder, Colorado, USA)

Blog Entries

Hello Seth, Interesting proposal and I am sure something which would be sought out by numerous map makers here.

Since your new you wont be able to Private Message (PM) until 5 posts - so maybe you could post your 2nd of 5 by mentioning your email address or some other contact info. Or just make a few more posts until you have 5 of them.

The sticky post about making a proposal may have some more information too about copyright attributions etc.

Yes. Happy to reply to be permitted to receive messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Hello Seth, Interesting proposal and I am sure something which would be sought out by numerous map makers here.

Since your new you wont be able to Private Message (PM) until 5 posts - so maybe you could post your 2nd of 5 by mentioning your email address or some other contact info. Or just make a few more posts until you have 5 of them.

The sticky post about making a proposal may have some more information too about copyright attributions etc.

Default Close milto

My direct contact is: seth@studiotectonic.com

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Frankel View Post
    My direct contact is: seth@studiotectonic.com
    I've sent you an e-mail