Thread: Science/Fantasy Map Making Request

Post Science/Fantasy Map Making Request

Hello everyone;

My name is Morgan and I am seeking someone to help create a map for me to use for both an upcoming DND campaign and for a future novel I would like to write.

Project Scope:
    Usage for a small personal Dungeons and Dragons campaign with the possibility of being featured in a novel should things go according to plan. I have found map-making to be the hardest part of creating a setting for myself as I am highly critical of my own work and never satisfied. I’m a horrible drawer so I thought I would reach out to this group since I’ve heard nothing but praise for it.

Description/Backstory of the Map:

Inspired by the song “Tech Noir” by Gunship (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nC5TBv3sfU), I have come up with an idea of creating a setting far into the Earth’s future.
    In the year 2020, the final buttons were pressed and nuclear bombs began flying throughout the world, crashing into major cities and destroying much of the planet. The world then devolved into a very tribal state, with the surviving humans turning into something more. In a typical twist of events, the nuclear fallout from the bombs mixed with natural phenomena created magic in the world. This magic began transforming the remaining survivors into various groups of things. A couple listed below;

- Elves: The more prominent race of the post-apocalyptic world, Elves became the guardian race. Deciding to use their newfound gifts of magic and long-life to good use, they began seeking out and protecting any remaining humans that were not transformed by the fallout.
    - Orcs: Typical Tolkien-style, Orcs are the inverse of the Elves, spending most of their lives and existence trying to eradicate human life. However, countless battles against the elves saw them lose more and more ground, until eventually only small tribes remained.

The world was transformed into a very Mad Max-esque sort of landscape. However, during the course of a couple thousand years – some of the elves who had once been scientists, discovered a way to mix both science and magic into one and began work on a way to terraforming the Earth – in an attempt to wash out the nuclear radiation and heal the planet.
    They were successful, but unfortunately, their product consumed too much raw magical energy and exploded – killing them all. With this, the science and plans behind what could’ve saved the planet was lost – but even in this, the plan still worked. With the focal point being current day Seattle, a 350km circle of life was created. Plants began returning, trees once again found a way to survive, and fresh water began flowing from snow capped mountains. 2000 years later, in this 350km circle, it was as if nothing had ever happened.

Beyond what is within that 350km "circle of life" - I really do not care how much of the Earth was transformed through nuclear damage/cataclysmic means.

The Elves, seeing this, began moving any remaining human tribes to the area to protect them. Ontop of that, they began building a massive wall on the perimeter of this magical zone, keeping out any foul creatures that still survived in the Wastelands and away from the “infant” humans.

There is a lot of history really left out here but what I am looking for is more a geographical map and not really one with names and such, those are things I will be developing down the road as the history is fleshed out. I am more than willing to re-work with the same artist to finalize city names and details once history is finalized.

A couple of links to map styles I like, though I am open to all styles;

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/87...6d3346a366.jpg

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/o06gk

https://img06.deviantart.net/e36b/i/...be-dao8bgg.jpg

Hi Morgan,

Working on real world turned fantasy is a very appealing call and I'd like to work with you on this project.

You can see my previous works here and if you like what you see, you can shoot me a mail at the address below so that we can discuss more.

thomrey@hotmail.com

I'll look forward to hearing more about this post-apo (and pretty plausible these days) setting.

Cheers.

Thomas

Hey Morgan

Please look at my portfolio and see if there is anything that fits your ideas. Send me an email if you find something you like.

Cheers
    Rafal
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Hey Morgan,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Morgan,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Default Print

Do you want a map that can be printed, or is it only for digital works?