Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Khanate of Katlam

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    The people of this map love their mega civil engineering projects. Which is great because I love them too. And those cities are absolutely fantastic and well done. Nice job so far.
    This was what first came to my head when I checked out the map...holy busy beavers. These guys sure work hard.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I was about to say "Ah, I didn't think about that, did I", when I suddenly remembered a recent challenge entry. I think it was ChickPea's map of a battle a few months ago.

Anyway. ChickPea had this wonderful idea of putting the song of the battle all the way around the map as the border, in a clockwise direction.

I quite like your existing border, even though it is rather black and white compared to the rest of the map, but if you really want that little piece you could do it like that, maybe?
    Thanks for the ideas, Mouse... I did try the text around the frame (inside and outside), but the frame is too detailed for a nice result... And I kind of like this frame for this map... So I went back to the scroll, but I enlarged it, in order to add a title and a signature, as you suggested... I'm still not convinced a 100%, but I find this is the least bad solution...

So, I think I'm finished with this one... unless you spot some mistakes or some default I could arrange ?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Khanat of Katlam 06.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	9.40 MB 
ID:	101851

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    The new scroll cartouche is great! I think that the overall design is well-balanced now and the second scroll fits well where it is.

The text, however, does not quite match the map: "Gihrk Osshir" or "Gihrk Ossihr"? "Ohrit-Hal" or "Orhit-Hal"?

Whoo-hoo! Ships under sail!
    Thanks a million for spotting these typo... and thanks a million for having read this exhortation of fanatics people... and for having given very good advices !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy MacDonald View Post
    This was what first came to my head when I checked out the map...holy busy beavers. These guys sure work hard.
    Thanks... It was the kind of idea I was looking for : an ingenious people trying hard to keep their advantages from their jealous neighbours... So I hope you liked it !

The map is fantastic Joel ! The frame and ribbons are really great ! The only thing that bothers me a bit when zoomed in is the texture. It looks as if you overextended it.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Oooh, that is nice JO
    That is nice all-around.
    Thanks a lot, J.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The map is fantastic Joel ! The frame and ribbons are really great ! The only thing that bothers me a bit when zoomed in is the texture. It looks as if you overextended it.
    I see what you mean ! I'll try to fix that with the definition of the parchment used.. maybe if I make a higher definition, it won't show so much...

If you need one, I've got some and I guess Mouse too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    If you need one, I've got some and I guess Mouse too.
    Thanks Thomas !

Acutally I used one parchment of Mouse, that I put on top on the one that was on the map before, and switched opacity to 78 % (precisely ) So I keep a part of the texture of the old parchment that I liked (it made some kind of "bump" in the desert, like dunes or something), and the texture is showing a lot less, so it seems more "natural"... let me know what you think (if you're in condition of typing... I guess you had the surgery by now.. I hope everything went well and that the though part (meaning : now, just after) will be quickly over !)....

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Khanat of Katlam 07.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	9.80 MB 
ID:	101889

I gotta say ... the map had more character before. But the new texture gives a sandy feel at print size that's pretty sweet. Sorry for the mixed feeling ... The bumps are pretty sweet !

As you can see, I can type, I can even walk a bit even if it's a bit wonky. I'm recovering quickly but I take my time, merci Joel
    Last edited by ThomasR; 12-01-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast