Thread: AERLAAN – A playground built for a muse

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AERLAAN - Tectonics tidyup

Okay, so I un-fussied the tectonics map and made it a little more infomation friendly.

So:

Red = convergent
    Yellow = transform
    Blue = divergent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aerlaan Tectonics 2.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	99690

Greyed out the map so it's easier to focus and simplified the representation of the tectonics. Also probably more accurately represented the spread/shear zones of the divergent boundaries.

To my untrained eye I can't see a problem with what is happening. i have projected the map onto a sphere mesh in PS and it fits (that's actually why the south pole divergent boundary looks weird, that's kinda how it fits down south).

I got rid of the small plate west of the northwestern landmass. I couldn't really figure out what it was doing there. also actually added plate movement speeds in cm/yr and got rid of the fused plate boundaries (I only included these to justify some ancient eroded ranges like the Tianzi Mountains in China which i guess i can really include anyway )

I'm wondering if it's worth naming the plates? What do you guys think? It would kind of pin me down to the end result naming in some regard. I guess i'm okay wiht that.

So, I guess unless anyone chimes in with some words of wisdom I guess I will proceed (Gods help me).

PaGaN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aerlaan Tectonics 2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	99689  
    THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN ONE RIGHT ANSWER!