Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Dyson's Inktober & Mapvember

The last one looks great. Aligning the grid to the rooms instead of the other way around really gives the map a more natural look.

#Mapvember Map 05 - "Ghost"

This one was a bit rushed, because I want to catch up and get today's map done in addition to this one.

A classic abandoned and haunted house in the woods, with a collapsing shed in the old garden.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapvember2017-05-ghost.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	100881
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

#Mapvember2017 Map 06 - The Gnoll Lair

One of the smaller lairs in the Caves of Chaos, I had forgotten how this lair only connects to the lower level of the Shrine of Evil Chaos (via that secret passage).

My intent when I release the full redraw of the Caves is to release it as a vector image so it can be scaled as needed for miniature play and with a sub-grid of 5' squares in addition to the 10' flagstones in these drawings.

Name:	mapvember2017-06-gnoll-lair.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	100882
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

WOW! This thread has so many incredibly maps! Really fantastic work! I love map 17-Graceful. The texture on that map impressed me a lot.

Awesome as usual Dyson.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

I think its incredible that you can just keep pumping out all these attractive high quality maps, one after another, and it amazes me that you manage to get anywhere near the rate of 1 a day. I think it would probably take me about 3 days to copy one of yours by hand, and I wouldn't be having to do any of the working out that you must have done each time!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    WOW! This thread has so many incredibly maps! Really fantastic work! I love map 17-Graceful. The texture on that map impressed me a lot.
    Thanks! And yes, Graceful is a pretty awesome one. I should do more isometrics, but they really do suck up a lot more time, making them a serious challenge when working towards a 1 map/day target.

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Awesome as usual Dyson.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think its incredible that you can just keep pumping out all these attractive high quality maps, one after another, and it amazes me that you manage to get anywhere near the rate of 1 a day. I think it would probably take me about 3 days to copy one of yours by hand, and I wouldn't be having to do any of the working out that you must have done each time!
    I do have the advantage of doing this full time, and Inktober started just as my biggest commissioned work to date had finished (24 maps for one book / company), so I was in high gear to keep working.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

#Mapvember2017 - Map 07 - "Griffon"

I'm not exactly sure why, but I've received a LOT of requests for a version of The Griffinwatch Ruins that is not ruined. The original was drawn in a doctor's waiting room as we... waited... for some major news that would change a lot about what we were doing with our lives. So I've resisted revisiting this map until now.

Today's cue is Griffon, so I finally went back to the old Griffinwatch Ruins and redrew them. It should come as little surprise that the fort is naught but ruins now - the fort layout is subpar at best, and not well suited to defense except by the very fact that it has walls (some with places to shoot from).

But here it is, good old Griffinwatch before it was overcome and partially destroyed by team of elven and stone giant mercenaries searching for two of the three sapphire rings of Telleen.

Name:	mapvember2017-07-griffinwatch.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	100919
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

#Mapvember Map 8 - "Hag"

This prompt immediately made me want to try drawing a swamp with "cutouts" of important encounter areas.

In the end, I didn't create a new swamp - I'm sure a lot of you will recognize the swamp in question as soon as you see the map. I've added additional encounter locations (because the swamp in question only had two initially).

And I REALLY need to get better at drawing circles. These are a weird collection of ovoids...

Name:	mapvember2017-08-the-hags-swamp.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	100953
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

Can I ask what pens you use for these.. Size and brand and all that. Currently using some cheapies from the newsagents and wanting to get some decent pens.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast