Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Dyson's Inktober & Mapvember

Great map again, Dyson. Mapvember (and the GuildDungeon) made me discover the fun of dungeon maps and yours are very inspirational (:

#Mapvember2017 - Map 20 - Zombie Island

Merchants have spread the word that Zorus Island has been overrun with zombies. Sensible people are avoiding it, but clever people have pointed out that it is far too close to the mainland to leave it alone if indeed the tales of zombie contagion are true.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapvember2017-20-zombie-island.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	101574
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

#Mapvember2017 - Map 21 - The Troll Hole

On the west side of the Swamp of Forgotten Dreams the stony roots of the Highspear Mountains are exposed right down to the waterline of the swamp. Most fear to travel on this side of the swamp because of tales of trolls that seem to crawl right out of the mountains.

This Troll Hole is home to a few such loathsome creatures - a small stone chimney that reaches down at least a hundred feet to damp caverns below. Water still dribbles down the chimney, a constant rivulet that the trolls drink from.

But don't make a sound here, for what comes up the chimney is far more ferocious than smoke - troll after troll seem to just explode out of the top of the chimney as they climb out seeking prey.

Name:	mapvember2017-21-the-troll-hole.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	101576
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

#Mapvember2017 - Map 22 - The Swamp Shark

They tell you that there aren't sharks in a swamp. That the water is too shallow, too brackish. They forget that not all sharks swim. The Swamp of Forgotten Dreams is home to a burrowing beast of incredible scale that crawls not only through the swamp looking for food, but through the forgotten dreams themselves. It is one of the gateways to the dreams - climb into its back and it may burrow into the dream you are looking for...

Name:	mapvember2017-22-the-swamp-shark.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	101651
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

#Mapvember2017 - Map 23 - The Cockatrice Pit

I'm way behind on Mapvember, and as usual I'm not happy with how this looks on paper because it is a semi-rushed isometric piece... but not that I see it in front of me here, I kind of like it.

Name:	mapvember2017-23-the-cockatrice-pit.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	101759
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

#Mapvember2017 - Map 24 - The Wyverns' Temple

We trekked through the Swamp of Forgotten Dreams and into The Jungle Beyond to find the old temple ruins. It turns out there's a good reason to stay clear of that whole part of the Jungle Beyond. Wyverns. A whole damned family of them roosting on the temple ruins. Their claw marks cover the whole structure, the stones scratched, gouged and torn down not by the erosion of weather, but of generations of wyverns.

Name:	mapvember2017-24-wyvern-temple.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	101766
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

#Mapvember2017 - Map 25 - Will-o-the-Wisp

The only "true" settlement in the Swamp of Forgotten Dreams, Will-o-the-Wisp sits on the edge of the swamp on the shore of Dreaming Bay. The settlement has gone through several names, but one tavern name ended up sticking to the whole settlement through location and it being the primary watering hole for many travelling here. Now the whole settlement uses the name and, tragically, the namesake tavern burned to the ground years ago.

Name:	mapvember2017-25-will-o-the-wisp.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	101786
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Quote Originally Posted by Dyson Logos View Post
    #Mapvember2017 - Map 24 - The Wyverns' Temple

We trekked through the Swamp of Forgotten Dreams and into The Jungle Beyond to find the old temple ruins. It turns out there's a good reason to stay clear of that whole part of the Jungle Beyond. Wyverns. A whole damned family of them roosting on the temple ruins. Their claw marks cover the whole structure, the stones scratched, gouged and torn down not by the erosion of weather, but of generations of wyverns.

Name:	mapvember2017-24-wyvern-temple.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	101766
    I really love this one, especially the elevation of the second level.

#Mapvember2017 - Map 26 - Stirge Rock

Still thinking of swamp settlements, Stirge Rock is a small fortification and associated town in the bayou. An outcropping of rock that has pushed up above the swampland (or at least not been completely drowned in it), Stirge Rock has always had a problem with the damned bloodsucking beasts it shares a name with. The folk of Stirge Rock are quite capable and hardy from generations of living in this hostile swamp environment.

Name:	mapvember2017-26-stirge-rock.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	101800
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

Stirge Rock is an awesome name for a little town haha.. Might steal it for my campaign if you don't mind.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789