Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Well I'm signed up...

Osakadave

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YAY... NaNoWriMo is on! ... already wrote 84 words.. guess I can take a break for a few weeks now LOL .. hope to see all of you in there .. just added you Daistallia - love that you're writing about Master Li and the wandering gun saloon
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I say again - good luck everyone

Don't do what I do and get distracted by adjusting the settings on your writing app... (I have one where you can mess with the background you are writing on, and honestly - its a HUGE distraction! LOL)

Use a simple app that counts the words and allows you to make notes without having to faff around making new files - another distraction that gets me every time

Strike while the iron is hot. Don't sit there thinking "WOW! COOL!" about the film running through your mind, and then go shopping. Write it as it happens in your dream, or the emotional power of the words will be lost to you after an hour in the average supermarket!

Blog Entries

Thanks Mouse, I've ended up on just using word - a never ending long document, simple and no distractions. Yes, I will have to cut and paste scenes manual if I decide to move them, but the program itself is easy to use. .. I plotted in a notebook during my vacation
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Did you draw the map?

Ah! Maybe I shouldn't have asked that question - a potential distraction

Just scribble a five minute sketch if you need one...

Blog Entries

LOL... no, I decided that I didn't need a map - at least not a normal one. It's set in a modern city, but distances won't matter much I think, so its mostly protagonists houses and the place of a big corporation - nothing needed to be mapped. ... and I've just reached the 1667 mark (another badge down)
    regs tilt

Congratulations!

Keep going - work up a surplus word count in case you have any bad days

Blog Entries

I'm going for double every day, cause november is very busy for me, so I'm guessing I will have about half the days available.
    regs tilt

Well I've so far managed to rearrange the cheese in the fridge into alphabetical order and there are some rocks in the garden could do with being washed.

I'll start writing just as soon as all of these urgent jobs have been completed

Only joking. I've managed around 450 words. I started with around 5700 words already written so I'm almost 6200 words into my novel. I should make my aim 56k words.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

My wife impatiently waited till this morning to start her steampunk novel (in Venice, Italy)... She's already at 1995 words...
    Since I first heard of NaNoWriMo here, and it's your discussion that gave her the motivation to throw herself in this adventure, I felt compelled to tell you about her progress... and also "thank" you for all this lonely future November evening for me... ... Probably lots of map coming in from me these 30 next days !

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast