Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Steampunk while surrounded by Venice? I can imagine that working very well really. I bet it's just full of inspiration

I've got to about 1200 words so far and I've started having a few problems. The autosave on Focuswriter is doing really odd things on Dropbox so I've had to set it to the hard drive. I guess I could put the folder to back up to my BT cloud storage account as that's 1TB (a perk of having their fibre broadband service). I might switch to using Open Office or something.

I have noticed that my writing rate is around 500 per hour and that's in difficult areas. I'm hoping it picks up as I just write stuff. My characters are having stupid conversations because I'm really crap at doing dialogue but I suppose that's something I can work on later. I know what they're saying and why they're saying it I just don't like how they're saying it.

You should join us JO, you could write an account of an invasion of Geneva by cheese makers (blessed be they) of Haute-Savoie due to an argument over the quality of Raclette served up. You could write it from the points of view of people on both sides.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm at almost 2000 now, still going strong.. just had to pause to play one of the new games with the family "Professor Evil and the Citadel of Time" hows that for a title for a novel though

Steampunk Venice... sounds very intriguing, and as something I'd love to read when its done

Straf, remember.. not to edit - just write .. as soon as you've cleaned the gutters and sorted the cereals by size of course
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I don't think I'm good at writing, though the plot you brought is full of opportunities.. I could add a war between the Duke of Raclette agains those bastards subjects of the Earl of Fondue ?... And on top of that a succession machination between Geneva, Swiss and Haute-Savoie to claim the rights of being the inventor of Raclette ? And, sadly, it's not even far fetched, as there are a juridical fight to know who has the right to claim it's cheese "original raclette" !!!

Nevertheless, I'll let my wife go on with her novel, called : "Le Physionaute"..

If you want to make friend with her, she's in NanoWriMo under the name "A_Girl_Has_No_Name"... and now you know why I married her

Just over 1700 for me. I'm ignoring my editor and internal critic and just getting on with it. I can iron out inconsistencies and plot holes later. I'll stop for something to eat soon. I might have to get some pizza - it's good writing food is pizza

JO - a bear playing a harp?

I went to a fancy dress party dressed as a harp but the host said "Aren't you a bit small?" so I said "Are you calling me a lyre?"

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    JO - a bear playing a harp?
    I went to a fancy dress party dressed as a harp but the host said "Aren't you a bit small?" so I said "Are you calling me a lyre?"
    Ba Doom!
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Ba Doom!
    Tushshshshshsh..........

LOL!

Will you lot just get on with the writing before I wet myself? LMAO

Shouldn't you be going clip-clippity-clop on a stair in a windmill somewhere?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I did catch the Lyre joke... But I was lost on the clip-clippity-clop on a stair in a windmill somewhere... Then, it's always less funny if you have to explain it !

And she loves that bear with the harp, "don't judge a book on the cover" seems to be the message she wants to send to the world !

Personaly, I more that kind of bear...

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast