Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yay, everyone is getting their words on (paper) ... Girl-has-no-name really grinding into the work there Jo ... I've fallen behind my personal schedule of 3500 words a day (cause November is busy so half the days for the task), but have written 4000 - should be writing now but just feeling tired so I think I'll go watch some Stranger Things and eat some chocolate .. And its easy to find the right chocolate cause Straf swung by and sorted them all.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

So, you just missed the 4000 she just added ...
    She was feeling inspired tonight and decided to take some advance for the other days she won’t be able to write (at least not so much), same technique than yours... chocolate included...

At this rate she'll be finished next week! 10,000 words already

I'm not participating, and all this talk of NaNoWriMo and writing thousands of words in one sitting is starting to make my normal 500-words-per-day goal seem rather microscopic.

Good luck, guys!

I'm just waiting for the explosion of maps there's going to have to be at the end of it all before they publish and become world famous authors

Hmmm... I wonder how many there will be?
    There's around 400,000 participants and judging from last year's turnout, there will be around 35,000 finished books. 13% of books written are Fantasy Fiction and most Fantasy Fiction books have maps.
    Therefore, there will be about 4,500 Fantasy Fiction books written in this NaNoWriMo and most of these will have maps.

I was looking forward to another Diamond spectacular to go on his author's page, but I see what you mean! There's a vast potential market out there for the pro mappers

Maybe a whole load more of us are going to end up getting unwittingly involved in this thing from the mapping end?

I wonder why there isn't a sudden glut of requests shortly after its over?

(Maybe there is, but I don't notice it because I'm not a pro)
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-02-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordCartoart View Post
    Hmmm... I wonder how many there will be?
    There's around 400,000 participants and judging from last year's turnout, there will be around 35,000 finished books. 13% of books written are Fantasy Fiction and most Fantasy Fiction books have maps.
    Therefore, there will be about 4,500 Fantasy Fiction books written in this NaNoWriMo and most of these will have maps.
    That's a lot of maps - of course, I'm writing fantasy, but not doing a map. I'm keeping the city it happens in non-descript (other than payments are in dollars).
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

I've just broken through 5000 words for NaNoWriMo and over 10k words in total - I'd already written 5700 words before November started. Anyway 10k words in and I might be doing a battle scene. Yeah death, blood and camp followers selling chips and gravy.

Blog Entries

YaY gravy battle and selling of blood... sounds wonderful
    regs tilt

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast