Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Village of Llewyn

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I disagree with the labeling issue. It is not a map dense enough to require numbers and columns. I much prefer the method done here, that way you don't have to hunt down numbers or do the ping pong routine with your eyes, all the labels are right where you need to see them.

Obviously I like the map, looks great.
    Thanks a lot Falconius !
    I'm glad you liked this unusual way to label a map (I admit : very unusual ... and probably hard to read...) But as I was trying to be funny with my labels, I tried to write them in a funny way...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    My first look makes me say that I love it. I'll have to take some more time for the critics

Thanks Thomas !
    I know how busy you must be... so take all your time !

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Very cool map! Like others I'm not a huge fan of the lettering but otherwise it is an amazing map.

Thanks for your comment !
    I'll try to do another lettering later and see what you think of it !

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I'll throw in a vote that I think the labels are really neat the way they are! They're something different, which I appreciate. In fact, in general I don't like keys so much, because they end up making everything seem like it has the same level of importance; but when you have to clear a little space for a label, you have to decide what's important enough to get text.

The way you've done it hear looks pretty cool. I like it.
    Thanks a lot josher ! I'm glad you like the labels the way they are ! It is different.. but I will try a key just to see how I could manage to keep the "fresh"aspect and a better reading !

This is just great JO and I particularly enjoy the labels, I did chuckle at the names

It seems I can't give you any rep right now. I need to spread the love around a bit

Lovely map, Jo. I don't mind the labels. I think they're quite charming. The forest and rivers areas are very well done. Do you think, when you're back on your feet again, you might add some colour, or are you leaving it as it is? (And I hope you'll be back on your feet soon!)

Will rep if I can.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

A gorgeous piece, Jo. Love the coloring and the details. I am with the people who'd prefer a key for the labels, but that's obviously your call. A rep-worthy map nonetheless!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Very nice work! I personally like the idea of having the labels directly in the map. It's an interesting change. I just think they are a tiny bit too "loud" in this case. Maybe, if you just decreased the weight of the letters or bit, or maybe decreased the opacity (like you did with the street names)... I think that might help to pull the focus back to the map, while still keeping the labels where they are
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

I really love the style of your forests.

I've seen this map before, but it seems I haven't commented on it. It's a really nice village, and I love how you've done the labels. To me it looks like someone got their hands on a blank map of the village and just made notes on the map. Great work (:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast