Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Village of Llewyn

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Lovely lineart!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    This is just great JO and I particularly enjoy the labels, I did chuckle at the names

It seems I can't give you any rep right now. I need to spread the love around a bit
    Thanks a lot Straf ! I'm glad you chuckled, it was my point !

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Lovely map, Jo. I don't mind the labels. I think they're quite charming. The forest and rivers areas are very well done. Do you think, when you're back on your feet again, you might add some colour, or are you leaving it as it is? (And I hope you'll be back on your feet soon!)

Will rep if I can.
    Thanks a lot Chickpea for your kind words and the REP !
    I don't know if I'll be able to sit for long in front of a computer soon... so for now, I'll let this village like it is... When I'll be better, I might try to change the labels, but I don't think I'll put colors on this one... It wasn't my goal when I started anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    A gorgeous piece, Jo. Love the coloring and the details. I am with the people who'd prefer a key for the labels, but that's obviously your call. A rep-worthy map nonetheless!
    Thanks a lot Kellers ! It was meant to be a meaningless and quick map of a little village... and of course, it took way more time that I intended... I'll try to change the label when I'll get better (and when my computer will come back from repair...)

And thanks a lot too for the Rep... It's always welcome !
    Last edited by - JO -; 10-25-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mat_r View Post
    Very nice work! I personally like the idea of having the labels directly in the map. It's an interesting change. I just think they are a tiny bit too "loud" in this case. Maybe, if you just decreased the weight of the letters or bit, or maybe decreased the opacity (like you did with the street names)... I think that might help to pull the focus back to the map, while still keeping the labels where they are
    Thanks Mat ! That's a good idea ! And quick and easy to realize ! I'll try that and publish the result if it's any good ! You're a good support !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbad View Post
    I really love the style of your forests.
    Thanks ! My forest are just a pale attempt to copy those of J. Edward and many others... You can check theirs... so vivid, you can loose yourself in !

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    I've seen this map before, but it seems I haven't commented on it. It's a really nice village, and I love how you've done the labels. To me it looks like someone got their hands on a blank map of the village and just made notes on the map. Great work (:
    Thanks for your comment and for the Rep (much apreciated) ! I'm glad you liked those labels... I should have emphasized more the "comment" aspect of the labels, to make that more obvious (with nasty thing about neighbors... and warnings !)

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Lovely lineart!
    Thanks for your comment and for the rep ! always welcome !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234