Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Village of Llewyn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Map Village of Llewyn

Hello !

This is a little map of a village I've made those past few days... No particular idea in mind other than drawing a map to help my recovery and learning to use procreate on IPad Pro... It's far from perfect, but I wonder what you think of it !
    C & C Welcome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D86DB2C-054C-4911-9995-415420C4F9CB.jpeg 
Views:	929 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	100121
    Last edited by - JO -; 10-14-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'm not a huge fan of the way you did the labels (in my opinion it would've been cleaner to use a key), but the map itself is fantastic! I especially love the way you did the river and the mill.

Oh, and you've got a stray line on there...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the way you did the labels (in my opinion it would've been cleaner to use a key), but the map itself is fantastic! I especially love the way you did the river and the mill.

Oh, and you've got a stray line on there...
    Thanks Diamond !

I've spotted the stray line... (hard to miss...) and I could erase it : that's one of the difficulty with procreate : when you want to move in your drawing, it's with two fingers... If you miss your move, you find yourself with a big line in the middle of your map !

for the labels, I made what I could : procreate has no text tool... So I draw the labels myself and it's far from perfect.
    I just didn't understood what you meant by "using a key" ... Do you mean a chroma key ? (I don't think it's a feature on procreate)

Thanks anyway for your concern !

Without the ugly stray line (sorry)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12A7396A-AFAF-48FA-8FAB-4E49A39CB7F5.jpeg 
Views:	404 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	100123

Guild Novice

Awesome village, JO!

The map itself is very well done! I have to agree with Diamond about the labels, but I think they get the job done (and considering the tools that are available to you, you had clean and neat calligraphy). I really like it! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by —FORGE— View Post
    Awesome village, JO!

The map itself is very well done! I have to agree with Diamond about the labels, but I think they get the job done (and considering the tools that are available to you, you had clean and neat calligraphy). I really like it! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks ! I might try to change those labels when I'll be able to sit for a long time in front of a computer

Blog Entries

Have echo Diamonds comments. Lovely map but not so keen on the text. The key thing I think is where you label each house with a number and have a box somewhere on the border listing all the buildings with smaller horizontal text in a column. For a map like this I think using a key is preferable.

I disagree with the labeling issue. It is not a map dense enough to require numbers and columns. I much prefer the method done here, that way you don't have to hunt down numbers or do the ping pong routine with your eyes, all the labels are right where you need to see them.

Obviously I like the map, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I disagree with the labeling issue. It is not a map dense enough to require numbers and columns. I much prefer the method done here, that way you don't have to hunt down numbers or do the ping pong routine with your eyes, all the labels are right where you need to see them.

Obviously I like the map, looks great.
    Thanks a lot Falconius !
    I'm glad you liked this unusual way to label a map (I admit : very unusual ... and probably hard to read...) But as I was trying to be funny with my labels, I tried to write them in a funny way...

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Have echo Diamonds comments. Lovely map but not so keen on the text. The key thing I think is where you label each house with a number and have a box somewhere on the border listing all the buildings with smaller horizontal text in a column. For a map like this I think using a key is preferable.
    Thanks a lot for your comment and for the explanation !
    I understand why you would prefer a key, but that was not the intention at the beginning, so I didn't plan to let some spaces for the box.. But I'll try to make a key for this map one of these days !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast