Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irachar: The World in the Age of Harmony

Default Irachar: The World in the Age of Harmony

Here's a map I started way back in early 2016. It was buried under a thick layer of dust when i picked it up a couple of months ago, only to leave it unfinished once again. Now I went back to it one final time to finish it and here's the result. The map is of Irachar: the World in the Age of Harmony.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iracha?r Final.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	100357

The world was created by 10 Gods, each others brothers, at the beginning of time. They created a peaceful world and divided in into 10 kingdoms over which they ruled as God-Kings. In the center of the world they created the Island of Gods, a place where only they were allowed to dwell. Eventually the God-Kings became corrupted by lust for power and plotted against each other. Eventually it was the God-King Atya, who made the first move and declared war against his brothers. The God's fought a war that lasted a thousand years. In this war they used everything in their power, even the land they made. Mountains and oceans were used as swords and shields, and piece by piece the world fell apart. This period became knows as the Storm of Generations. When Atya finally defeated his brothers and the war ended the world was nothing like it was. This is the story of the creation of Hothachar

©Daniels Maps 2017 - All rights reserved

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That is a great map, Dan. Simple and effective, amazing border (I'm glad to see more people taking up that tapestry thing!), and a very cool creation story. Take my rep!!!

Neat map Dan! I'm envious of that soft, professional style you've got going.
    The icons and font are great too, they match perfectly. You've really nailed it.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks really nice.. I can't read the text but I guess it says "Land of the Bagel"
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Nice one indeed, Daniel . It makes me think of some ancient maps of the North Pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That is a great map, Dan. Simple and effective, amazing border (I'm glad to see more people taking up that tapestry thing!), and a very cool creation story. Take my rep!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Neat map Dan! I'm envious of that soft, professional style you've got going.
    The icons and font are great too, they match perfectly. You've really nailed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Looks really nice.. I can't read the text but I guess it says "Land of the Bagel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice one indeed, Daniel . It makes me think of some ancient maps of the North Pole.
    Thank you guys! (:

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Looks really neat, Daniel. Like Dimaond said, that tapestry border is really awesome, not overstated, but just on the spot!

Font is perfectly mysterious for the piece too. Great work as always Dan and great to see you revive an old piece with your wonderful touch too!

Very interesting design of a map. Almost like for a "board game". Style is very pretty and nice for the eye . Good work.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Lovely colors! The linework on the mountains and forests is great too. I dig it.

EDIT: appears I can't rep you at the moment

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

How did I miss this?! It's beautiful, Daniel, some of your best work so far if you ask me. A lovely composition, a very harmonic feel overall. The soft textures and well-thought-out color scheme really knock it out of the park. I'll have to steal that idea for the coastlines, I never thought to make the 'wavelines' white. I love that little rune circle in the middle! A top-notch piece overall, fantastic work!

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    lol I have to admit that the landshape looks a tad boring to me, but it sure is an interesting idea!

Edit: I CAN'T REP YOU! This is an injustice to all creation!!!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast