Thread: Inhaein

Map Inhaein

I was a bit stuck on what to do for my next map when I found a height map I'd made sitting on my hard drive that I'd never done anything with. There is a short WIP thread you can follow here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lostout - labels2.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	100378

Nice work overall QED. One piece of constructive criticism: the political labels are a little difficult to read, due to the thinness of the font and the thickness of the stroke/outer glow. A thicker font and a thinner stroke/glow would serve you well in future pieces.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Nice work overall QED. One piece of constructive criticism: the political labels are a little difficult to read, due to the thinness of the font and the thickness of the stroke/outer glow. A thicker font and a thinner stroke/glow would serve you well in future pieces.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks for the rep and the pointers!

Nice style, graphically clear - I like that!
    On top of what arsheesh has said, you might want to take a closer look at the overall visual balance, especially the way the continent sits in the format. At the moment the continent does not really sit in balance, it is drifting towards the top border of the image, making it kind of crammed up there - at least in my eyes.
    (Flipping the canvas horizontally can help, if you have stared at a piece for too long. .. sometimes makes these things easier to see)
    I personally would move the continent down a bit and slightly to the right. Then I'd move the lable over to the left, because than would "balance out" the corner, that's missing from the continent.
    Anyway, good work, keep it up!
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by mat_r View Post
    Nice style, graphically clear - I like that!
    On top of what arsheesh has said, you might want to take a closer look at the overall visual balance, especially the way the continent sits in the format. At the moment the continent does not really sit in balance, it is drifting towards the top border of the image, making it kind of crammed up there - at least in my eyes.
    (Flipping the canvas horizontally can help, if you have stared at a piece for too long. .. sometimes makes these things easier to see)
    I personally would move the continent down a bit and slightly to the right. Then I'd move the lable over to the left, because than would "balance out" the corner, that's missing from the continent.
    Anyway, good work, keep it up!
    Thanks for the rep an the suggestion, "composition" I guess you would call it is something I didn't really think about but it's something I'll try and keep in mind more in the future.