Thread: Greetings!

Default Greetings!

Hello everyone!

It's a pleasure to meet you all. I am not generally very good at this whole 'introduction' thing, but I shall give it a go none-the-less.

I am a Swede, currently living and working in Finland since about a year back. In my spare time I am spending a lot of time working on one of my great, relatively newfound passions - writing and creating tabletop rpgs. As I said, it is a relatively newfound passion of mine, tough I have been playing tabletop rpgs for a fairly long time.

Anyway, as mentioned, the whole bit about writing rpg games - i.e. game mechanics - is a fairly newfound interest of mine. I have found that I love the process and everyhing about it. The dream would be to be able to one day publish the game I am currently working on since about a year back. I am also working on building a world to go with the game mechanics. Or, technically, it is the other way around. I started with working on the world, and then I began creating the game mechanics to go along with it.

Sadly, my artistic skills are not much good, nor are my map-drawing skills, but I look forward to seeing more of all the great maps that you guys are producing. And if I ever do get around to getting the game published, I might look into commissioning a map for it as well. We shall see.

For now I am happy to be here. See you all out there on the forums!

Hi Celepheid and welcome. There are a lot of gamers here, so if you want to discuss maps or world-building for your game, go right ahead. You shouldn't write off your artistic skills. Why not try a couple of tutorials and see how you go? You may surprise yourself!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hello ChickPea! Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.

That's good to know! Thanks!

I'm actually trying to work on a map for my setting right now. But it is a rather big project as it is a whole world, currently with 4 different continents planned. ^^;; A lot of different cultures, nations, etc to take into account. I'm working on a basic map to help me keep track of borders, major natural features, etc. So I am currently practicing my map-drawing skills. Though I think for later, if I ever manage to get it published, I will probably see if I can get help to make a proper map from someone who is actually good at it. lol

Biggest issue for me right now, with regards to making the basic map, is just to somehow get what I have in my head down on an actual map. It's not easy. I'm much better at writing and coming up with stuff than I am at drawing.