• Yes, Option 1

3 33.33%
  • Yes, Option 2

6 66.67%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: Design and map a zombie fortress

Default Design and map a zombie fortress

Okay, this may just be me, but I spend a lot of my time thinking about zombie apocalypses. For this challenge suggestion, I have two variations to choose from:

OPTION I
    Design a fortress for a handful of survivors to withstand a zombie apocalypse. Most of the world has already succumbed to the zombie virus, and now there are only pockets of humanity left to resist the onslaught of the living dead (and each other).

For this challenge the zombies are gonna be the classic type from TV and movies: reanimated corpses that seek out living humans to devour. They usually attack in groups, can move at near human speeds (if they are otherwise reasonably intact), cannot swim (but can float) and can only be killed by destroying the brain. They are attracted to loud noises and movement. People who are bitten by a zombie will die and reanimate after a period of between a few minutes and 24 hours.

This challenge has a lot of scope for freedom and interpretation:
    • You could map an existing location converted into a zombie fortress...
    • You could map a zombie-related location from fiction - eg The Walking Dead's Alexandria or Shaun of the Dead's Winchester Pub
    • You could map a zombie fortress as though the undead apocalypse happened in another era (eg medieval zombies, future-world zombies)...
    • Whatever else your fertile (and juicy...) brains can come up with

OPTION II
    This option is the same as the above, but instead of zombies each participant gets to choose what hideous beasties, terrible monsters, or ghastly ghouls their survivors are going to encounter, from mythology, folklore, fiction or imagination. For example, werewolves, vampires, demons, goblins, the 'zombie' super-things from "I Am Legend", skeletons, ghosts, etc.

So, that's the idea. What do y'all think? Too scary for Halloween?

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Nice idea! I like option 2, to give a bit more variety.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Yeah I agree with Chickpea, 2 covers more territory but still gives the sort of results you'd want from a contest like this. Also I think this is a pretty exciting idea overall.

This is a good idea. I don't think a map can be too scary.

But this is not :
    Shaun of the Dead's Winchester Pub
    Unless it's a funny horror movie.