Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daniel's Mapvember

Guild Expert

Really nice work Daniel! You're easily one of my favourite cartographers, all of these maps are beautiful and professional looking.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    It's starting to get harder and harder to get these maps out every day.
    Today I didn't feel like making one at all and kind of felt like I had to force it. When I got in the flow of it I really enjoyed this one though.
    I experienced something similar with inktober.
    And my mapvember is a bit blah right now.
    Just wanting to draw other stuff atm. Or not at all sometimes.
    Stay strong.

I understand the feeling. Event maps, challenge maps, commissioned maps ... it can be heavy. My advice : don't feel tied up to the schedule. Use the event as an opportunity to try whatever you want or just enjoy doing what you already are at ease with. Just enjoy. And the last piece is great, that style with very clear maps of buildings is settling in, you have something here. Dyson has it's own style with many ripoffs (including me sometimes), Larb too (and you do some pretty nice Larb maps) but you also developed your own style that might have a place on Patreon like site if you feel you can have the right output.

I get you Daniel, that is why i don't even start with those 1 map every day challange, i would not pull it even when i had more time than now.
    Great maps so far.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Really nice work Daniel! You're easily one of my favourite cartographers, all of these maps are beautiful and professional looking.
    Thank you kacey! One of your favourite cartographers?! Wow, that really means a lot to me, considering all the great artists around here! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I experienced something similar with inktober.
    And my mapvember is a bit blah right now.
    Just wanting to draw other stuff atm. Or not at all sometimes.
    Stay strong.
    Thank you John! I really feel the urge to complete the challenge, though maybe a few days late. While I'm not always in the mood for map making, I really enjoy the challenge overall, and I've already done a number of things that I hadn't done before (:

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I understand the feeling. Event maps, challenge maps, commissioned maps ... it can be heavy. My advice : don't feel tied up to the schedule. Use the event as an opportunity to try whatever you want or just enjoy doing what you already are at ease with. Just enjoy. And the last piece is great, that style with very clear maps of buildings is settling in, you have something here. Dyson has it's own style with many ripoffs (including me sometimes), Larb too (and you do some pretty nice Larb maps) but you also developed your own style that might have a place on Patreon like site if you feel you can have the right output.
    Thank you Thomas! I indeed draw inspiration from Larb's maps. And Steffen's structure maps too. I've actually thought about starting Patreon, way back when Tom started his Patreon page. I didn't think I had a solid concept, or had the right output. This challenge has already shown that my output won't have to hold me back, so it's just a matter of coming up with a concept now. I was thinking of maybe re-mapping Hothachar, in my more recent style. Then maybe doing some regional maps. Just to get everything started. From there I can see where I (and possibly Patreons) want to go next.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I get you Daniel, that is why i don't even start with those 1 map every day challange, i would not pull it even when i had more time than now.
    Great maps so far.
    Thank you Voolf! It's indeed tough, but I've already learned a lot, and tried out many different things, so it's really paying off (;

Guild Member

As a fellow Dutchman, I want you to know that seeing your work always drives me to improve my own. Thanks for sharing on here!

Quote Originally Posted by RazielKilsenhoek View Post
    As a fellow Dutchman, I want you to know that seeing your work always drives me to improve my own. Thanks for sharing on here!
    Glad I can inspire you and thank you for the compliment (:

Here Mapvember day 10: The Continent of Chŕr an Tyra

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapvember 10.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	101142

Wait... does that look familiar? Yes it does. It's part of my world of Hothachar which I'm going to map in this style. So expect some more like this for the next couple of days (:
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 11-14-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Amazing style Dan, just gorgeous. So soft and pleasant to look at. You did that in one day?

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Amazing style Dan, just gorgeous. So soft and pleasant to look at. You did that in one day?
    Thank you Josiah (: This one was about 3 hours.

And here's Mapvember day 11: The Forbidden Tomb of Borolin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapvember 11.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	101299

As always, let me know your thoughts!
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 11-17-2017 at 03:14 AM.

You're still cranking out some good ones Dan.
    I love the look for your world of Hothachar.

edit - drats. still have to spread rep. drats.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast