Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Daniel's Mapvember

You've made some fantastic maps here, Daniel. I love the style you've created. Having said that.... I think that Santa map is my new favourite. It's adorable!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I've thought about doing something on Patreon myself for a while, but heard Patreon are overhauling their payment system and I don't think the changes sound popular. I still think it's worth it, but it might be a bit up and down for a while though, especially with a bit of the #boycottPatreon I've seen flying about.

Anywho, sorry about that, another neat map Dan!

Yeah, there's been a huge kick-up on Twitter about Patreon's new terms. Many are saying, if Patreon don't backtrack, they'll be jumping ship as soon as they figure out where to go. Apparently Kickstarter's developing something similar called Drip, and I think many are hoping that'll work instead.

You've made some absolutely stunning maps here, Daniel. So many that I'm having trouble deciding which one to rep!

Maybe I'll come back and get one of the others another time

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Yeah, there's been a huge kick-up on Twitter about Patreon's new terms. Many are saying, if Patreon don't backtrack, they'll be jumping ship as soon as they figure out where to go. Apparently Kickstarter's developing something similar called Drip, and I think many are hoping that'll work instead.
    Drip is a more elite, invite-only sort of thing.

I think that's only while they develop it. My understanding was it's being opened to everyone in the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    I've started setting it up. I've already got some rewards tiers set up and basic outline for my goals. Still not really sure of the finer details of the concept. I think I want to start with putting out 1-2 maps per months and sharing some WIPs and behind the scenes footage. Still not sure if I need to come up with more to get people hooked. So yeah, I'm not sure when I will launch my page. What about your plans? Is it gonna be map based, or your art in general? The work that your posting on Instagram is really impressive!
    Thanks I'm planning mine as part everything, if I can pull it off... maps and mapping elements, art and illustrations, hopefully some storytelling if I can settle into it. Not sure exactly where I want to start and it'll probably spark with whatever I happen to be focused on at the time I'm ready to launch There's so much I want to include.

If you want any feedback/reaction before you launch yours, I'd be happy to check it out if you want to send a link my way.

Also, really cool last continent. Looking forward to the world view!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

First of all, thanks everyone for the comments about the map and Patreon. Really helpful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Thanks I'm planning mine as part everything, if I can pull it off... maps and mapping elements, art and illustrations, hopefully some storytelling if I can settle into it. Not sure exactly where I want to start and it'll probably spark with whatever I happen to be focused on at the time I'm ready to launch There's so much I want to include.

If you want any feedback/reaction before you launch yours, I'd be happy to check it out if you want to send a link my way.

Also, really cool last continent. Looking forward to the world view!
    Thanks Chashio, I'm currently working something and I plan to go live in February. Some time before the start I'll send a link your way for review.

And here is finally the world view of Hothachar in Mapvember day 22: The World of Hothachar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapvember 22.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	102368

As always, let me know your thoughts!

Really nice style on these maps Daniel. These would be perfect for a novel series or as an RPG setting. Great work. And BTW, I'm pinching the Santa map to make my wife a X-mas Card...
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678