Thread: WIP - first map post

Guild Novice

Default WIP - first map post

Hello there! I've been viewing this forum for a few years on and off, and it's time to finally post something. This is my second map, and one that's just pencil work that I'll likely be inking soon. All of it was drawn on Midori paper (note the missing corner in the lower right) with a Palomino Blackwing 73.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticism?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

It's looking nice David, but the 45° angle of the picture is not really helping, tbh.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's looking nice David, but the 45° angle of the picture is not really helping, tbh.
    The paper is rectangular, but the notepad has a notch cut out of it. That's the full view.

That's not what he's talking about. Rotate the whole image 45 degrees clockwise. Right now we all have to tilt our heads to the left to see it properly.

Either that, or there is some sort of problem with your perspective.
    Last edited by acrosome; 12-21-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    My decade-long worldbuilding project: https://cartographersguild.com/showt...=25569&page=10

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
    That's not what he's talking about. Rotate the whole image 45 degrees clockwise. Right now we all have to tilt our heads to the left to see it properly.

Either that, or there is some sort of problem with your perspective.
    Ah, that's probably because of the crystal jutting out of the ground. It was an experiment to see if it made sense, but it didn't work out as well as I'd planned. Either way, it's a learning experience.

I've inked it, and while I'm not as happy with it as I could be, I need to start somewhere. I'll colour it later with some watercolour pencils.