Thread: Need a Dam Map!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Need a Dam Map!

I am interested in potentially having someone draw a map for me and wanted to see how much it would run. I've attached an image from a map along the lines of what I'm thinking except it is missing the key feature I am needing which is a dam and I also don't need the grid drawn on the map itself. I'm envisioning the dam running the width of the map with stairways at each end leading to the banks. I would like approximately 15-25' of banks on both sides to have room for the baddies coming up the river. As far as the bank terrain, basic forest foliage with some rocks is good. The dam itself is also 80' tall so if that perspective could be shown, that would be great. It is 50' wide at the top, 30' at the base & 15' thick throughout and bows inward towards the middle. Additionally, there are a series of sluice gates held shut by wooden beams on the interior of the dam inside a small 5x8 tunnel at the top of the dam accessed from a second small stairway on the end stairwells. Inside this tunnel are 9 gates with 1 wooden beam each at 7' intervals & 3 pins in each at the base, midway & top. It should be wooden. I would like it in color. I will be using it printed so need it scaled to 1x1" squares, each square representing 5'. The total dimensions should be approximately 15" wide by ~25-30" long. I need more area downstream than upriver so the dam could be slightly off-center to accommodate, but do need some of the upstream as well. Feel free to do it in whatever style you're comfortable with. I understand the inner tunnel might be difficult to illustrate so if it's easier doing that as a separate inlay or something along those lines, that is fine by me. If you feel that it would work better without illustrating that tunnel at all, that might work as well if it is still compelling & effective. I wouldn't need this for approximately two months so I'm hoping that is enough time? Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meadow-Falls-1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	100951

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Robert,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Hi Robert and welcome to the Guild.

I might be interested in helping out on this one. I've linked a couple of recent pieces that might be relevant:

https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...8&d=1509751284
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...1&d=1510061378
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...9&d=1509572990

Your deadline sounds more than adequate and I think including the tunnel shouldn't be too much of an issue either.

You can reach me at gshipp [at] lostinmaps [dot] co [dot] uk. I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
    Greg

Hi Robert,

sounds interesting! I might be able to help you out.
    You can have a look at my portfolio here:

http://matthiasrothenaicher.de/cartography

There's also a section with my contact information on my website, should you want to discuss details.

Cheers,
    -matthias
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt