Thread: A little collaboration project

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Default A little collaboration project

I'm just working on a little project with a couple folks, I'm doing a map which will be a complete surprise to them, and they will then write adventures, one each, to go with the map. It's the first time we've done this, so we'll see how it works out. I also just realized that I could freely share this one here! I have two dozen maps that are at least partially not in my complete control, so I need to figure out the best way to share those, but this one I can!

The theme the writers suggested was "Aspects of Time" and I struggled for awhile to figure out what the concept would be. It has been very interesting trying to conceive of a map that doesn't have a specific narrative attached to it. I finally settled on a sundial over a town. My own idea is that as the sun crosses the sky, the giant sundial-crag's shadow changes things beneath it. Also that the closer you get to the sundial, the older things are, so all the buildings nearer to it will be ruins. Here's where I'm currently at with this. Full disclosure: I'm behind on the schedule and I'm feeling rough about holding everyone up, so hopefully this will come together quickly. That said, if you have anything to say about it, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you for looking

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aspects-of-Time-Sundial.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	673.3 KB 
ID:	101709

cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Finished up some of the details on the crag. The top parts are accessible from a cave that's not yet drawn in… I'm going to lay out some more roads too, though the cobblestones there now are the only ones that will remain intact. Once that's done it's time to ruin things!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aspects-of-Time-Sundial.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	825.5 KB 
ID:	101738

cheers,
    Meshon

That is cool. I love the collaboration aspect too... those kind of things sound like fun to me.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram