Thread: Desperately need 3 handwritten signatures

Guild Member

Default Desperately need 3 handwritten signatures

Hey everyone!

I'm not very active here but I do my fair share of lurking. I have a map that I have been working on for several months and it is nearing completion. Just wrapping up the little details now, but I've hit a wall. I have limited use of my right hand due to an injury that refuses to heal. My handwriting is legible if I put in a lot of effort, and my own signature is a mess.

Yet I need 3 of them. The story behind the map I'm making is that it was made to celebrate 25 years of peace, after 50 years of war between three big nations. I would like the map, being sort of an anniversary celebration, to have the three rulers of those nations sign it. I have a drawing pad which is used mostly for shading and such, but I can't do any signatures on it. Anything I try makes it look like a 3 year old is actually trying to write normally.

So that's my request. Could someone make me 3 seperate handwritten signatures? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just black and simple. The names are Stacleon, Genkrut, and Bradflet. If they could each be in a different handwriting or style, that would be perfect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've done the entire map working around this annoying handicap but I simply need help on this bit.

Hi Raziel!

I'm not sure if my post will be approved and visible before you find someone to help you, but I would be willing to create some signatures for you! I have a calligraphy pen, fairly decent handwriting and a scanner to make things digital. What sort of folks are Stacleon, Genkrut and Bradflet? If you could highlight a character trait or two for each of them, that may help to give me (or whoever else creates their signatures) ideas on how to differentiate the writing.

Another idea which I don't know if you've considered, is free handwriting fonts that are available on the internet. I'm getting a fantasy feel from your map and characters, and often in the olden days people's signatures were so neat that a font might actually work.

Another way to differentiate their signatures might be, if you get more than one response to this, to use three different people's input.

Just some ideas. I'm happy to help, and I hope you find the right solution to the issue at hand.

You might just try using three different handwriting style fonts. There's tons of them out there. Depending on what you are hoping to do with the map, you may need to be careful about licenses, but there are a lot that are free for non-commercial use, fewer that are also free for commercial uses.

Guild Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried several of them, however, and I can't find one that doesn't look 'too neat', if that makes any sense. The map is purely for personal use. I'm thinking of having it printed as a poster for my computer room, so licenses shouldn't be much of a problem. Per your suggestion I will look for some more handwritten fonts.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riorlyne View Post
    Hi Raziel!

I'm not sure if my post will be approved and visible before you find someone to help you
    Hello Riorlyne!

Thanks so much for your reply, your post indeed didn't show up for me until about an hour ago. I have already searched for some good fonts and ended up at some online handwritten signature generator with 120 fonts to choose from. Took a while but last night I finally got it down to 3 different styles that still looked natural and official. Many thanks again for your input and for your offer, but the issue has been sorted