Thread: Price Range Request

Question Price Range Request

Looking to a city map.
    Coastal in terms of where.
    Doesn't need to be full color.
    Not black and white.
    Somewhere in town will be a fallen ziggurat.
    No real deadline, but 3-6 months seems more then reasonable for this request.
    The city itself I have a rough outline of what the coastal line will look like already.

=========
    I don't need completely accurate prices. I want a general ballpark estimation.
    Just PM your ballpark figure. If your style matchs what I like and the price is acceptable i'll throw a reply your way. Just leave some work for me to look at.
    Getting off for the night. It's 1am here. I'll take a look at replies tomorrow evening.
    Last edited by Nyanacide; 11-12-2017 at 04:14 AM. Reason: You can PM your prices for something like this

Hey Nyanacide,

I migjht be interested in this project. Feel free to take a look at my portfio at http://danielsmaps.com/portfolio/ . I prefer not to openly discuss my prices, but you can shoot me an email at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com and we can discuss it further.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Daniel

Hi Nyanacide. I wrote you a response in your other map-making request thread: Town Map Request.

While I mentioned in that post that I might be interested, I do think I should mention that it is a little bit unfair on your prospective artists to ask them to provide you with a ballpark figure, especially when there's very little detail provided. As a mapmaker, I like to know what kind of a budget my client has before I start bidding on a project, and I need to know more about the project itself in order to know how long it will take me and consequently how much I should charge. I'm not trying to be rude, but we're busy professionals and it makes things a lot easier for us if we know as much as possible at the beginning.

That said, you're interested in a ballpark figure: everyone is different, but I think that a ballpark figure of $100 to $500 is to be expected for a city map.

Wingshaw

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Man, when you apply for a city map request, I lay back on my chair, pour me a good lager and prepare myself to enjoy the show
    Thanks Thom

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

As I do not bid against myself. I personally like having a starting point to work with, and work from there. So forgive me for my lack of understanding. I do appreciate your prompt response.

Hey Nyanacide
    I could be interested in this. Look at my portfolio here.
    As for the price, i could somehow agree with Wingshaw. Hard to say with so little information. The range $100-500 is fairly accurate, considering $100 would be rather for B&W map. If you want to talk more send me and email.

Cheers
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee