Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Community world building

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    I don't know what I was thinking, really. Just a bunch of randomness going through this old noggin' of mine!
    Ah but... *Mouse waves hand sagely in the air and smiles knowingly*... you've gone and started a thread about it now.

Before you know it you'll have a whole load of people wanting to map the entire Guild underworld

EDIT: my point is made - ninja'd twice, even as I was answering you.
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-14-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Right, the underground doesn't need to be coherent.

It's definitely an intriguing idea... and I missed out on the other two because of my forced sabatical. I would love to actually take part this time!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Well, I guess the proverbial can of worms is opened...

So like a Guildworld Underdark? A giant worm complex here, a drow metropolis there? And a mindflayer warren thrown in for good measure?
    Last edited by industrygothica; 11-14-2017 at 11:31 AM.

I really like the idea of an absolutely giant dungeon, with levels and all sorts of things going on, but also disconnected underground things existing in an underdark also appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I really like the idea of an absolutely giant dungeon, with levels and all sorts of things going on, but also disconnected underground things existing in an underdark also appeals.
    Haha.. yeah I was already looking at dungeon generators and stuff, just to see of there was anything we could do with something so random.

As a side note I don't think this should be under the city, the sewers etc. are a different kind of map project, or maybe this shouldn't be placed (this may be blasphemy) in Robbie's region at all, it'd be nice if there were things spread out a little along the world. However it may be better to be in Robbie's region (or indeed near enough to the city to have a joining tunnel), Or perhaps in a region bordering Robbie's to have a nice well developed area for people to utilized for games or whatever. Or just have it as a separate entity altogether, that people can put like where ever they feel is useful for whatever purpose they have in mind. If we do that however there won't be an official place for Red to put the zoomy link thing on the main map.

Man, I'm going to be out of the house for a bit today, or I would jump into this discussion.
    I will try to join in when I get home later tonight.

@Industrygothica - we have guildcity spots left.
    I think we gave out the last Guildworld locations though.
    But, I could make a mysterious island somewhere, or we could map cities in the Guildworld...
    And I like doing some dungeons and such. I started sewers under my section of the city of Guild.

I'll be back later people.

J!

LOL! I don't thin IG knows what he's just kicked off

Oh Mouse... You've seen my join date, yes? I don't have the post count that some people do, but I've been around a while. I know exactly what I just kicked off..

-IG

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast