Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Community world building

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Right, the underground doesn't need to be coherent.
    As if either guildworld or guildcity excel on coherence!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    As if either guildworld or guildcity excel on coherence!
    That lack is the best part

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Man, I'm going to be out of the house for a bit today, or I would jump into this discussion.
    I will try to join in when I get home later tonight.

@Industrygothica - we have guildcity spots left.
    I think we gave out the last Guildworld locations though.
    But, I could make a mysterious island somewhere, or we could map cities in the Guildworld...
    And I like doing some dungeons and such. I started sewers under my section of the city of Guild.

I'll be back later people.
    Someone could take my section of Guildworld if they want, I'd be more then happy to pass it on I have way too many things going right now and not enough time.

I'm back around.
    Not sure what people want to do here.
    Seems like there are a number of differing opinions and ideas.
    I'm here to help facilitate what people want to do.

I can see merit to a lot of the ideas presented already.
    So, I'll let the conversation develop and see where we go.

As a sidenote, the time for this was usually March-April, at least it was the last two times, I believe.
    But, that was originally due to the Guild site's birthday.
    If the community is ready for a project, we do a project.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Someone could take my section of Guildworld if they want, I'd be more then happy to pass it on I have way too many things going right now and not enough time.
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Don't do that

You beat me to it, John

Kacey, I don't care how many years it takes you to rediscover your city map one day and just finish it on a whim because its a rainy day and you've finished the chores, I'd love to see it finished. Please don't throw your beautiful map away?

I think this thread is a bit unpredictable. There may be more than one idea being born right here

So far, we have a massive dungeon complex with random patches being mapped (not related to the existing Guild City), a possible underground city, a possible underground level to the existing Guild City...

Any other offers?

Sorry if I missed something!

It looks like I missed the window of activity
    Everyone seems to have gone off, except you and me, Mouse.

I think I may have given them all my head cold! LOL!

Maybe it will take off again tomorrow. I have noticed that there's always a noticeable lull about this time of the day. 10pm is when it all really slows down for quite a few hours (10pm UK time that is), and I know the City thread just kept going and going till all hours regardless of the time of day (or night), but maybe this one just hasn't been seen by as many people just yet during what I call the active hours

A guild city underlevel or sewer level would take significant planning and be pretty demanding. Personally my opinion is that we should just do a GUILD DUNGEON!! and do like Redrobes said and do our own dungeons and we'll (meaning Redrobes I suppose ) link em up at the end. It would result in a very interesting dungeon I think. Alternatively some people maybe can draw linking sections to make it work better together, but both those are after the fact considerations. I think that the dungeon one is just a fun and easy going sort of thing so would be more relaxed than one of the more intense Guild Projects.

That would be fine by me.

You'd just have to make sure that every dungeon had 2 entry/exit points, so you could link your dungeon to at least 2 others.

Either that, or an entrance from the surface and at least 1 exit...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast