Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Community world building

Default Community world building

Are there any community projects currently in the works? Looks like I'm late to the party for GuildWorld and Guid City, best I can tell. Just curious... getting into another community project sounds fun.

-IG

There are still plenty of Guild City areas left unpicked. I've still got one myself that I keep meaning to continue

Maybe if you start one yourself my conscience will be prickled into actually getting around to doing it

If you want to know more about the City there's a link in my signature...

By experience, I can tell you that the people here are not really interested in worldbuilding.
    It's not a flaw since this forum is about maps.
    The Campaign builder guild would be more appropriate: http://www.thecbg.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    By experience, I can tell you that the people here are not really interested in worldbuilding.
    It's not a flaw since this forum is about maps.
    The Campaign builder guild would be more appropriate: http://www.thecbg.org/
    Might have to check that out and see if I can get any tips on my homebrew world I've been working on forever.

I don't know, it seems like it's time in the cycle to maybe start thinking about a new GW project idea. Maybe something simple like a Guild World dungeon, or like a collection of dungeons that go into places in the GW? Or maybe area maps of places in the GW, like a mountain and it's environs, or towns... though those are more complicated. I'd personally prefer simpler next time around. Such projects may also spur laggards like myself and motivate them to finish their city sections .

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I don't know, it seems like it's time in the cycle to maybe start thinking about a new GW project idea. Maybe something simple like a Guild World dungeon, or like a collection of dungeons that go into places in the GW? Or maybe area maps of places in the GW, like a mountain and it's environs, or towns... though those are more complicated. I'd personally prefer simpler next time around. Such projects may also spur laggards like myself and motivate them to finish their city sections .
    I was also thinking dungeons. Seems like the next logical step, going from World, to City, to Dungeon. Might be too many open spots on the city map to worry about starting a new project though.

We were always planning to do an underground to the city.

Maybe you would like to map an underground city for the parts of the city that have already been mapped on the surface?

Or maybe you were thinking more along the lines of making an entirely underground city?

I don't know what I was thinking, really. Just a bunch of randomness going through this old noggin' of mine!

Map the interior of a building.
    Or map the regions of Guild generic name country.
    Also, the invisible floating island above the central lake has never been mapped.

This isn't exactly worldbuilding though.
    Last edited by Azélor; 11-14-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Blog Entries

How about mapping bits of an underground dungeon only this time around, instead of having a master plan we just let people map stuff and I make the big map by arbitrarily hooking those bits declared finished together so that they fit. In caves of chaos some of the maps didnt fit since they didnt stick to the plan perfectly but we dont need to have a master plan. Also, as more people finish their bits of dungeon we can expand it out instead of having holes in it where people give up.

Id like a more connected world but we have never seemed to be able to do it. Most people dont want to map large scale stuff either. Its all country sized maps, never regional - and city maps rather than buildings / interiors.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast