Thread: fantasy landshapes for print - no couds -

Default fantasy landshapes for print - no couds -

Hello there all,

I am pleased to meet you, I am new to this forum. I am going to work on a fantasy map and I watched a lot of tutorials of what I need.
    It's going to be a basic atlas map with land, coastlines in a gradient, mountians and land with textues and gradient green colour fading.

Step 1 is to create the land. Drawing myself takes to long as its on a A1 size print. (594 x 841 CM)
    The Clouds/Treshold function of making landshapes is not working since the pieces are to small and I can't scale it bigger!

Is there any other way to step 1 create land shapes with Photoshop?

Many thanks for you help in advance

R

You can try using the lasso tool and filling the selection. It's not going to give you the randomness of the clouds/threshold method but it's faster than hand drawing.

Alternately, you can use clouds/threshold, merge if you're using an threshold adjustment layer, select the bit you like, then copy+paste to a new layer and use the transform tool to scale it to the size you need.

Have you looked at Ascension's tutorial My atlas style in PS?
    His process lets you shape the land mass and still have the random coastlines that clouds give you.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

I just posted a tutorial that lets you paint realistic coastlines with a brush. Increasing or decreasing your brush size is all you have to worry about.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=40245

Hope it helps.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

As an example, this is A1 and took about 10 minutes:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	5.98 MB 
ID:	103329