Thread: Height Map for my map concept

Default Height Map for my map concept

Hi this is a height map designed for a 16km to 16km game.
    So it is quite large and so you need to imagine something like this: https://pre00.deviantart.net/6418/th...be-dao8bgg.jpg

So there are multiple climates in this game.
    Some things are squished in because unlike real life we can't afford hundreds of kilometers to fit in both a snow and dry climate.
    What is important however is the denotation of major rivers, mountains, overall map elevation and good resolution so I can use various tools like Worldmachine and World Composer to make my terrain.
    In short don't worry about drawing all the dunes on the map, focus more on the major rivers, mountains, highlands, cliffs and coastline because I have software that can fill in all the details we need.

Here is a link to my current working progress: https://i.imgur.com/keP8rde.png
    I am ready to change it 100%, it looks odd to me but I wanted an experienced artist's opinion.
    The job is paid but I am under budget so I cant just drop hundreds of dollars on this, we need to come to a compromise I need detailed work but not too detailed because as I mentioned it is not necessary for certain aspects.

Thank you.

Are you sure you are using the right dimensions? 16km to 16km for a map is pretty small, large enough to include the countryside and few villages.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Are you sure you are using the right dimensions? 16km to 16km for a map is pretty small, large enough to include the countryside and few villages.
    Yes, I have brought in some test builds and with my character and its run speed by running in a straight line it took me almost an hour just go from one end of the map to the other.
    I think that amount of distance is enough for an indie game.
    Games like Skyrim achieve that amount of space by using strategically placed mountains, cliffs and rivers to make the player take detours which will make the world appear even bigger.

Ferrol, Coruńa, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Grine,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade