Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
That inky color around the skull is luscious and swirly I like the skull too... giant?
I think the softness works with the line work you started but the rest is much softer than your texture... perhaps that is what is bugging you about it? besides it being new and different?
Thanks Chashio

The skull is a symbol from Bogie's Mapping Objects. I thought it could represent either a religious sculpture or the dead remains of a giant

I do kind of like the new style, but I think you might be right about the mismatch between the sharpness of the texture and the softness of the drawing. Krita has a million brushes, but I'm only comfortable with 3 of them so far - default, airbrush and blend. Inking was a new one on me last night, and I have mixed feelings about the lines I drew with it. They're pretty clunky!

Maybe when I get to know the brushes better I can sharpen up my drawing, but for now I think I will try a less defined background texture and see what that looks like. I think I should also try to shade and colour with brushes that have a slightly more defined edge than an airbrush

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
I agree, that swirly inky stuff is wonderful.
I know what ya mean - I change styles often with dungeons...
some styles might look nice but are very time consuming and I feel results can be meh.
I keep trying to find good styles that don't take too long.
Thank you, John

If you like the inky swirly stuff, then I know for sure that I am on the right track for a good effect

Now I just have to find a way of doing it more efficiently