Thread: Mushrooms for the Masses

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What sort of thing do they brew?
    I'm not familiar with any mushroom alcohols, or drinks of any kind, for that matter.
    Are there any myconid workers? or would be sort of strange, maybe?

Out of curiosity Larb, do you actually work with toadstools irl?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    What sort of thing do they brew?
    I'm not familiar with any mushroom alcohols, or drinks of any kind, for that matter.
    Are there any myconid workers? or would be sort of strange, maybe?

Out of curiosity Larb, do you actually work with toadstools irl?
    Octen-3-ol is known as mushroom alcohol. It is also a by-product of mushroom preparation waste. It's not the sort of stuff you'd want to be drinking neat though as it's classified as category 4 oral toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Octen-3-ol is known as mushroom alcohol. It is also a by-product of mushroom preparation waste. It's not the sort of stuff you'd want to be drinking neat though as it's classified as category 4 oral toxicity.
    Maybe for filthy hoomans.... but orkzez... we drinks that stuffs like wahtuh
    And, I hear it's a basic in troll tea and goblin stew. Very versatile stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I thought you were kdding there but no this is a thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1-Octen-3-ol

I like this bit: Octenol is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a food additive. It is of moderate toxicity with an LD 50 of 340 mg/kg - Swell !