Thread: Wilbur- how to scroll the map?

Default Wilbur- how to scroll the map?

Hopefully Waldronate will pop up, here.

Is there a way to scroll a map left or right in Wilbur? To sort of re-center it?

Perhaps an explanation will be informative: 4096 x 8192

I have a world I'm working on. I'm trying to do the fill basins - noise- erode thing after selecting basins, so that I can give the basin fill some significant texture with the Noise tools without messing up the rest of the map. However, my map is the entire world- 4096 x 8192 px- so some of the basins go off the left and right side of the map. This creates problems in selecting basins as the ones on the left and right edges do not select. They aren't recognized as basins by the Select Basins tool. So I want to scroll the map to put the left/right edge in a more convenient spot, in the middle of an ocean or something.

Before someone says it- I already tried saving the map as a PNG, moving it to GIMP and usieng 'Offset' to scroll it, then export as PNG and load back into Wilbur. For some odd reason this changes the span of the map somehow, and the map also looks terraced, now. So, that isn't working for me.
    Last edited by acrosome; 11-25-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Try Filter>>Other>>Toroidal Rotation.

Huh. RTFM, right? Somehow I never expected to see the word "toroidal" on that function.

Thanks, Waldronate !

And, again, thank you for the awesome freeware. I bought Fractal Terrain (and never use it) just to give you a little money.

The connectivity is toroidal for that operation, even if the image doesn't look like one.

I appreciate your kind words and your support.

Next question: is there a similar function in GIMP?

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-layer-offset.html. The Photoshop feature has the same name, if I recall correctly. Why not call it offset in Wilbur? Because Wilbur already had an offset (add) filter and it didn't seem like a good idea having two features with the same name.
    Last edited by waldronate; 12-04-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Ahh... in the Layers dialog. So that unfortunately you can only offset one layer at a time, but not the entire image. That's annoying.

Thanks.