Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
A couple of days away and suddenly it's like the almost dead project jumped to life! I'm glad some of you fellas are keen to continue this - I was/am so in love with the whole city project.

Concerning my section (21), it's coming along. Slowly but surely, and since I'm fairly ahead of most of my neighbours, it's going at a"just fine" pace. Sooner, rather than later, a little dragon will pop in it, somewhere.
But it's a fairly large section, which got me thinking. We could have some sections broken into little bits. So that people with less time, or less self-confidence, or less willingness to commit on something big, or less(more) whatever, could also join with a little collaboration.

Maybe subsections. Or maybe a section mapped with city layout only, and folks join in drawing the buildings. Just throwing loose ideas now...
That's in idea worth considering, though it would mean that we would need to ask John to subdivide certain areas by adding a more detailed road system. The roads were a convenient way of dividing the districts, so that any minor inaccuracies in stitching them all together could be lost in the width of a road, rather than misshape a building...

Making the districts smaller would help in another way. Since the Creators Update my system resources are more than 50% devoted to running Win 10, which has severely limited the size of image I can manipulate in GIMP or Krita. Smaller districts would not only be less daunting to map, but easier to manage now that Microsoft has rendered my machine to be little more than a pocket calculator. I don't have any choice but to cut my current district up even smaller than the two halves I was working on, and start again, since I can no longer open the files I was working on just a few months ago.

I am not discouraged, though. I'm looking forward to applying all the things I have learnt in the intervening period

@Red - if you are reading this thread, would it be too problematical if I were to cut district 15 (already in two halves) into 4, or possibly more? I would be able to give you accurate masks to reassemble them when they are finished, pixel accurate...